Miner (East Tennessee Mines)
This job provides starting pay of 15.69/hour with the opportunity to increase at a rapid pace. Full benefits provided effective first day of following month after hire. Everything you need to start job and work will be provided (training, boots, shirts, and PPE). PTO starts accruing at day one. Must be able to pass physical, background check and drug test.
Nyrstar is a leading global multi-metals company, producing significant quantities of essential resources - zinc and lead, as well as other metals such as silver, gold and copper. We are present across the globe with Mining and Smelting Operations in North America, South America, Europe and Australia and our Corporate Headquarters is located in Zurich, Switzerland. Nyrstar employs over 7,000 people over five continents and is listed on NYSE Euronext Brussels under the symbol NYR.
Overview of the role:
Reporting to General Foreman , the purpose of this role is to support production at the East Tennessee mining operations.
- Meets attendance requirements
- Follows instructions
- Demonstrates understanding of mining process
- Works well with others
- Follows MSHA and company safety policies
- Asks questions when uncertain
- Works independently or with minimal supervision
- Can use/operate basic hand and power tools
- Wears/uses proper PPE required for the job at all times
- Understands basic mathematical calculations
"An Equal Opportunity Employer"
This is a non-management position
This is a full time position