Mine Supervisor (East Tennessee Mines)
Safety, Health, Environment, and Community
• Promote safe behavior at all times
• Comply with the site's standards and procedures in SHEC.
• Promote awareness of SHEC practices.
• Demonstrate effective performance in achieving agreed SHEC goals in support
of the department, site and company standards.
• Reporting of all SHEC incidents.
• Demonstrate leadership in SHEC through personal behaviors and conversations
• Provide clear expectations on performance in SHEC through setting objectives and KPIs in SHEC for all our employees and contractors
• Taking an active role to ensure that regulatory obligations and standards are met.
• Advocate a positive image.
People and Organization
• Ensuring ongoing effective people management of staff by setting clear performance objectives, providing regular feedback and development through training of employees
• Take a leading role in the employment and development of contractors and staff
• Ensuring personnel are assisted to achieve their full potential and rewarded accordingly
• Ensuring all employees attend work in a punctual manner and that correct procedure is followed in cases where absences from work may occur
• Attending for work in a fit and punctual manner
• Ensure the mine development and operational activities are achieved to plan specifications
• Ensuring resources are available and utilized in an effective and efficient manner to achieve budget
• Ensuring costs are controlled to meet budget and where possible reduced to achieve savings
• Any other duties as directed by the Mine Superintendent
• Effective communicator that encourages team involvement.
• Consistently holds team leaders accountable and follows the site progressive disciplinary policies.
• Any other duties or task that may be required.
Ensure that Safety is achieved through:
• ensuring that all work is conducted according to procedures and in the safest manner
• ensuring that all work areas are kept in a safe and clean
Ensure that Communication and best work practices are achieved through:
• conducting toolbox meetings at the beginning of each shift
• Daily communication in the headings with all workers
Ensure that mining production targets are achieved through:
• effective supervision of Mining personnel on a shift by shift basis
• effective liaison with cross-shifts, Mine leadership and maintenance personnel
• effective planning, organization, and allocation of work on shift
• continuously improving the skills/knowledge of operators to optimize mining performance
• constantly monitoring the process performance and taking corrective action when necessary
• a high level of responsiveness to quickly resolving process or plant problems
Contribute to the cost-efficiency of the department/shifts through:
• monitoring and controlling usage of stores items
• minimizing waste
• ensuring that mine and equipment is operated efficiently and not subjected to abuse or damage
• ensuring employees being kept fully informed of duties and productive during shifts
• Constantly looking for process improvements & cost reduction opportunities.
• Minimum high school education or equivalent
• 5 years of underground mining experience
• Basic computer skills to include Microsoft Office Excel, Word, and Outlook
• Tennessee Class C Foreman's Certificate or equivalent
• Tennessee Blasting License
• Competent in operation of various underground pieces of mobile equipment to include loader, haul truck, jumbo drill, blasting rig, mechanical scaler, roof bolter, and test drill
• Thorough knowledge of MSHA regulations,
This is a full time position