Metallurgist - Precious Metals Extraction - USA
NorthWest Metals Group is a new initiative by the Global Frontier Group to locate and develop exceptional mining opportunities globally. NMG specialises in the economic development of eco-friendly metals driving change globally. These are the metals that are increasingly essential for the important technological advances that will power a sustainable, smart future.
This is an amazing personal growth opportunity to join a world-class team and a project with exceptional upside. We are looking for a dynamic, pro-active, problem-solving and experienced Extractive Metallurgist for complex and refractory ores to work with the team on the ground in the Denver/Idaho region of the US as we advance from exploration to bulk sampling plant to full production.
Qualifications and Experience:
• Bachelor´s Degree in Chemistry, Chemical Engineering, Metallurgy or proven practical experience in metals process development, R & D or operations
• Background in Platinum Group Metals recovery OR with a clear knowledge of technologies used to recover metals from complex or refractory ores
• At least 5 years’ experience working with high pressure leaching, POX, roasting, etc necessary
• Additional experience in smelter operations would be a clear advantage
We require applicants to be legally eligible to work in the United States. We offer a competitive compensation package including significant equity upside and $60,000 to $100,000 salary depending on experience. This is an exciting opportunity to learn and grow with the project and hone your skills in:
• Pro-active problem solving in engineering disciplines
• People person/team building and leadership
• Project management
• Gravitas to own the relationship with experienced service providers
• Build on your existing networks in the industry
• Communication skills to investors and community
Are you a self-starter? Do you have the initiative and drive to play a significant part in this world-class opportunity? This position is to be filled by an independent contractor that may lead to eventual employment as the company develops. If you would like to be considered for this role, please put forward your application and cover letter telling us why you are the right person for the job to firstname.lastname@example.org with the subject line: Your New Metallurgist.