Mine Superintendent (East Tennessee Mines)
Safety, Health & Environment:
- Promote and demonstrate safe behavior at all times and lead by example.
- Comply with the site's standards and procedures in EHS.
- Demonstrate effective performance in achieving agreed EHS goals in support of the department, site and company standards.
- Demonstrates leadership in EHS through personal behaviors and conversations, and report all EHS incidents and participate in EHS initiatives, reviews and investigations.
- Take full ownership of responsibility for the safety of all personnel, including yourself, at Nyrstar Tennessee Mines.
- Taking an active role to insure that regulatory obligations and standards are met.
- Ensure the mine development and operational activities are achieved to plan specifications.
- Ensuring resources are available and utilized in an effective and efficient manner to achieve budget.
- Ensuring costs are controlled to meet budget and where possible reduced to achieve savings.
- Support the Operations Manager and lead mine operations to positive growth and improvement of all work activities and performance standards.
- Have awareness for recognizing and then suggesting continuous improvement initiatives.
- Any other duties as directed by the Operations Manager.
- Ensuring ongoing effective people management of staff by setting clear performance objectives, providing regular feedback and development through training of employees.
- Take a leading role in the employment and development of contractors and staff.
- Ensuring personnel are assisted to achieve their full potential and rewarded accordingly.
- Ensuring all employees attend work in an punctual manner, fit for work, and that correct procedures are followed in cases where absences from work may occur.
- Maintaining a sound relationship with the Mine Technical Services department and work with the Metallurgy department in ensuring production is in line with budget/forecast.
- Ensuring people are developed, trained and coached to obtain optimum efficiencies.
- Ensuring that performance management and discipline are conducted to maintain optimum production and sound industrial relations.
Supervision (if applicable):
- Demonstrated competence in coaching, succession planning mentoring and providing feedback to team members.
- Demonstrated ability to plan and organize mining activities and mining personnel to achieve results.
- Ability to create a climate in which people want to do their best by empowering individuals and teams and by communicating a clear vision and purpose.
- Strong communication and leadership skills.
Sound methods and approaches to persuade, convince or influence others.
- B.Sc. in Mining Engineering
- Minimum 1 years' experience in supervision of mining operations.
- Minimum 4 years' experience in underground hard rock mining.
- Experience in contract management desirable.
- Understanding of technical and operating processes relevant to mine planning and scheduling.
- Sound understanding of mining regulation and statutory responsibilities.
Experience in supervision of maintenance (stationary and fixed) preferred.
- Good time management and prioritization skills
- Results driven achiever with exemplary planning and organization skills
- Self-motivated, energetic and proactive
- High level of initiative, resourcefulness and personal organization
- Commitment to the Occupational Health and Safety principles of the business
Flexibility and willingness to assist others.
This is a full time position