Established in 2010, National Exploration, Wells & Pumps is a company with the western values of keeping our word, and working hard. We are a premier U.S.-based mineral exploration and water well drilling company with our headquarters in Gilbert, AZ and offices in Elko, NV and Salt Lake City, UT. We operate a fleet of diamond core and rotary drill rigs that provide drilling and well services to the mining, water and energy markets. National EWP has grown to become a preferred drilling contractor for some of the largest mining companies in North America. We pride ourselves on safe, efficient production and are an industry leader in drilling safety and drilling equipment safety innovations.
We have the assets, the talent, the drive and the financial strength to provide an attractive and rewarding career. We are currently looking for a Safety Manager to assist with our field operations in the Western, US.
Duties and responsibilities
• Coordinate with the other Safety Managers to ensure safety support for all drilling projects.
• Assist drilling projects with company, MSHA, OSHA and other regulation and standard compliance
• Assist with hands-on training and instruction both in-the-field and in the classroom
• Report and identify occupational health and safety risks
• Conduct site audits to ensure compliance with client, federal and/or state regulations and National drilling standards
• Establish and develop professional working relationships with mine safety departments and clients
• Assist with New Miner, Experienced Miner and Annual Refresher training as needed
• CSP/CMSP is Preferred
• 5 years of mining Health & Safety experience, OR
• 2 years of experience with a Bachelor’s degree in Health & Safety
• MSHA Approved Instructor
• Experience with drilling and/or heavy equipment
• Self-starter who is able to work with limited supervision
• Valid driver’s license
• Knowledge of correct operation and inspection of commercial trucks
• Knowledge of applicable federal, state and local laws, ordinances, statutes, regulations, rules, policies and procedures.
• Ability to communicate one-on-one and group situations
• Ability to communicate effectively, both orally and in writing.
• Knowledge of Microsoft Office applications
• Willing to relocate to Arizona if necessary
• Willing to travel to drilling locations around the western US states