Specialist - Contracts
Chifeng Gold’s Lane Xang Minerals Limited (LXML) operates the Sepon Gold and Copper Operation, located in Vilabouly District, Savannakhet Province, Lao PDR. Since the commencement of operations in 2003, Sepon has produced almost one million tonnes of Copper and over 1.2 million ounces of Gold, and produced over 72,000 tonnes of copper in 2019.
Chifeng LXML is now positioning itself for future growth. With the re-commencement of gold production at Sepon in 2020, and with a number of other feasibility studies, a ramp up in exploration and with M&A activity underway, the future for Chifeng LXML and the Sepon operation is unlimited in potential and opportunity.
To support our Gold Project expansion, we will require a dedicated team to coordinate and deliver on our plan. As a result, we are seeking expressions of interest for the following role:
Position: Specialist - Contracts
Department: Supply and Contracts
Location: LXML Sepon
This role is challenging, but rewarding. The role is part of the Contracts team responsible for managing and supporting the business to ensure all contracting activities for the provision of materials and services to the operations, are based on sound commercial, technical and ethical considerations, taking into account the internal customers requirements for quantity, quality, cost and delivery.
Key responsibilities include:
• Effective planning and management of all sourcing activities for contracts with suppliers and contractors. This includes preparing and issuing Requests for Quotation (RFQ), reviewing and evaluating quotations and preparing Recommendations to Award (RTA).
• Preparing, negotiating and finalising contracts for materials and services.
• Managing and administrating contracts and service delivery after contract award until close-out.
• Coordinate with Purchasing team to ensure Purchase Orders (PO’s) related to contracts are processed efficiently.
• Daily interaction and collaboration with internal customers / suppliers / contractors via email and face-face.
• Identifying and realising cost savings / cost avoidance opportunities to support the business to achieve lowest Total Cost of Ownership (TCO) for all contracted materials and services.
• Electronic filing of quotations, contracts and any relevant information.
• Coordinate with Account Payable Team to pay suppliers as per agreed payment terms.
• Other Contracting and Purchasing related duties as required.
Qualifications, Skills and Experience
• Tertiary degree in Business Administration, Commercial, Economics, Engineering, Legal, or relevant field.
• Minimum 5 years’ experience in Contracts with proficiency in commercial evaluations, bid management, negotiations and contractual details.
• Knowledge of regional (specifically China and / or Thailand) contractor and supplier markets.
• Excellent English communication and negotiation skills, both oral and written. Chinese and/or Thai language capability is preferred.
• Knowledge of the operation and application of Enterprise Resource Planning (ERP) systems such as Pronto, SAP, Oracle. LXML operates Pronto as its purchasing system.
• Experience working within a comparable remote mining or heavy industrial environment (preferable).
• Excellent interpersonal, communication, time management and problem solving skills.
• Good team player that can work well under pressure.
This role will provide an exciting opportunity for candidates to gain exposure and experience working in this respective role. To express your interest in this role, please submit your CV and a Cover Letter to Recruitment@LXML.LA. Expressions of Interest will close on 29 February 2020.
Ban Phonsinuan, P.O. Box 4486, Sisattanak District , Vientiane, Lao PDR Tel: +856 21 268 200