Superintendent - Contracts
Chifeng Gold’s Lane Xang Minerals Limited (LXML) operates the Sepon Gold and Copper Operation, located in Vilabouly District, Savannakhet Province, Lao PDR. Since the commencement of operations in 2003, Sepon has produced almost one million tonnes of Copper and over 1.2 million ounces of Gold, and produced over 72,000 tonnes of copper in 2019.
Chifeng LXML is now positioning itself for future growth. With the re-commencement of gold production at Sepon in 2020, and with a number of other feasibility studies, a ramp up in exploration and with M&A activity underway, the future for Chifeng LXML and the Sepon operation is unlimited in potential and opportunity.
To support our Gold Project expansion, we will require a dedicated team to coordinate and deliver on our plan. As a result, we are seeking expressions of interest for the following role:
Position: Superintendent - Contracts
Department: Supply and Contracts
Location: LXML Sepon
The Superintendent Contracts has overall management responsibilities for Contracts activities, both pre- and post-award, which are to be managed in accordance with defined company policies, procedures and standards.
Key responsibilities include:
• Leading, managing, training, coaching, and developing Contracts staff
• Supervise the Contracts activities to ensure provision of compliant, transparent, efficient and cost effective purchases from suppliers and contractors to satisfy operational requirements
• Leads development and execution of sourcing strategies, which align with business and stakeholder requirements
• Develops and leads cross-functional teams in commodity strategy development, sourcing and negotiations
• Participate in and self-execute required activities for key, strategically important contracts
• Personally ensuring that critical contracts are negotiated and managed in a responsible, efficient and effective manner.
• Implementation of the required level of Contract and Contractor management depending on the nature of contracts
• Establishes measures to monitor and ensure continuous improvement of supplier/contractor performance
• Ensures that all contracts are valid, relevant and pro-actively managed and administrated throughout their life cycle
• Report and monitor contracts performance metrics and ensure team delivers and improves consistently.
• Maintain relationships with site and internal groups and co-ordinate activities in a controlled manner.
• Identify, recommend and implement efficiency and cost improvement opportunities, including during contract execution
• Identify and deliver value through pro-actively establishing processes that correct non-compliance
• Provides guidance on financial analysis and economic modelling skills to evaluate critical pricing structures
• Develop flexible contractual pricing models which accommodate inflation, currency, scope changes
Qualifications, Skills and Experience
• Tertiary degree in Commercial, Economics, Legal, or relevant field.
• Minimum 7 years’ experience in Contracts with proficiency in commercial evaluations, bid management, negotiations and contractual details.
• Excellent English and Chinese/Thai communication, both oral and written is highly preferred.
• Significant experience in Contracts in Mining, Processing, Oil and
Gas or a related environment
• Strategic sourcing and category management tools and processes
• In-depth knowledge of legal and contractual aspects of dealing with diverse contractors
• Understanding of end to end supply chain activities and best practices
• Highly developed written and verbal communication skills
• Demonstrated business acumen
• Strategic thinker and strong team player
• Can work independently, apply initiative and develop solutions and recommendations
This role will provide an exciting opportunity for candidates to gain exposure and experience working in this respective role. To express your interest in this role, please submit your CV and a Cover Letter to Recruitment@LXML.LA. Expressions of Interest will close on 29 February 2020.