Lead Long Range Planning - URGENT HIRE
LOCATION: Moscow Office
ISSUE DATE: May, 2020
REPORTS TO: Chief Mining Engineer
The role is a key role on the mine engineering team. The main purpose of the role is to develop and supervise the strategic mining plan and lead the long range planning team.
- Develop and update strategic plans as an integral part of the mine planning process.
- Supervise and review the strategic plans developed by the long range planning team.
- Perform pit optimizations for reporting of reserves when needed by the organization.
- Development of long term pit and waste dump design.
- Work with the Chief Mining Engineer to ensure that appropriate working protocols and procedures are in place within his section to produce accurate and auditable plans.
- Ensure appropriate controls are in place so the tactical and operational plans align with the strategic plan.
- Provide coverage while the chief mine engineer is on vacation/leave.
- Assist in the design of the planning workflows before the start of operations.
- Assist in the design of document control procedures.
- Work with the operational planning manager to ensure that the plan covers all the needs to produce the mine section budget and the business plan.
- Have a good understanding of the value generating mechanisms of the project including cut off, stockpiling and pit sequencing.
- Technical support for the geology and exploration department for the evaluation of potential exploration targets.
- Work with the chief mining engineer for the selection of appropriate personnel for the mine planning sections.
- Support the development of all personnel under the long range planning section as well as all the mine planning personnel across the organization.
WORKING CONDITIONS/REGULATORY REQUIREMENTS:
- Maintain both personal action and communications in a professional manner.
- Follow all Company polices and lead by example.
- Much of required work is independent of supervision: must utilize good time management.
- The role is planned to be Moscow based, with visits to site when needed as the project progresses towards operational readiness. The role will be based on the future Moscow Operations Center when it becomes operational.
REQUIRED TECHNICAL SKILLS, TRAINING & EXPERIENCE:
- Technical University degree (Bachelor, Masters) BSc in mine engineering or equivalent.
- Minimum 10 years in open pit planning and design, exposure to large open pit operations is desirable.
- Experience with Minemax, RPM or Deswik software is an asset.
- Strong character with good leadership and supervisory skills.
- Good communication skills - verbal and written both internally and externally.
- Strong analytical abilities to solve problems.
- Strong project management skills.
- Ability to handle multiple tasks.
- Able to remain composed and professional in times of stress.
- Commitment to Company Core Values.
- Excellent interpersonal skills.
- Willingness to work overtime when needed.
- Physically able to work in remote locations.
Apply for Lead Long Range Planning - URGENT HIRE
Already uploaded your resume? Sign in to apply instantly