Mineral Resource Manager
Duties and Responsibilities include:
- Leader in developing and managing the mineral resource processes and procedures to 43-101 compliant standards for Kirkland Lake Gold, Canadian Operations;
- Effective communication, training and guidance of other Resource Geologists involved with all aspects of resource estimation;
- Complete and validate mineral resource estimations for all assigned project sites
- Evaluation of outside mineral resources for potential acquisitions.
- Responsible for geological QA/QC standards and compliance within KL Gold, Canada;
- Responsible for the creation of geological resource estimations using Datamine or other applicable Software;
- Produce annual NI 43-101 compliant technical reporting of resource estimates and Resource statements;
- Provide direction and assistance in developing drill programs to define mineral resources.
- Assist Engineering in the reserve process to maximize geological objectives;
- Weekly, monthly and annual reporting as required;
- Assist with developing mine production reconciliations;
- Lead from the front to ensure compliance with the companies Zero Harm safety culture
- Develop and maintain relationships with key internal and external stakeholders;
- Strive for continuous improvement in all areas of responsibility;
- Other duties as shared from time to time.
- Registered Professional Geologist of Ontario (P.Geo.).
- Sc. in Geology or tertiary education in Geology.
- Strong academic and applied background in structural geology.
- Capacity to coach, guide, influence and develop others..
Desirable Knowledge and Skills
- >5 years in gold mining environment
- >8 years experience involved with mineral resource estimations
- Strong ability with geological software (Datamine, Fusion, DH Logger, AutoCAD etc)
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Self starter and ability to lead
- High safety standards
- Exceptional time management skills
- Attention to detail
- Demonstrated ability to mentor subordinates