Metallurgical Plant Manager
Immediate requirement for a Metallurgical Plant Manager for global mining company
Pacific People Solutions, on behalf of our client, have an immediate vacancy for a Plant Manager. Our client is a global mining operation and this particular role will be based at their operations in New Caledonia.
This is a key leadership role within the business reporting directly to the Vice President Operations. The primary function of this role is ensuring that the Metallurgical Plant is operated and maintained in a safe, environmentally compliant manner delivering production to quality and quantity required. The Metallurgical plant consists of multiple systems, milling and drying via a Hammer Mill Flash Dryer (HMFD), Calcination, Smelting (New Smelting Technology NST) and the Refining process. Receiving blended ore from the Ore Processing Plant and delivering Ferronickel pellets to Port for shipment.
Preference for this role is it be residential with housing, relocation and flights as part of the package.
Key responsibilities will include:
- Provide leadership to manage the plant (NST/Refinery) safely in compliance with legal and regulatory provisions
- Align short term and long term strategies to achieve targeted ramp up performance resulting in an increase in production performance and then consistency in that performance.
- Develop and execute improvement plans to improve reliability and production
- Develop and deliver a maintenance plan to sustainably maximise availability of plants
- Provide detailed briefings/reports to Vice President Operations as required
- Ensure teams under your leadership have, maintain and regularly review their operating routines and procedures to drive consistent and predictable outcomes for the Metallurgical Plant.
- Foster a learning and continuous improvement culture to improve all aspects of business performance, sustainability and business growth.
- Train and coach Plant Team members as necessary to improve performance and as necessary adopt new ways of working.
The Successful applicant will have:
- Tertiary Qualifications: Metallurgy, Chemical engineering or Mineral Processing.
- Minimum 5 years in a leadership role within a Ferro Nickel or Smelting Plant operation.
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills.
- Strong relationship building skills for both internal and external stakeholders.
- Demonstrated systems/process approach to problem solving
- Self-motivated, highly pro-active and resilient approach.
- French and English language skills (preferably bilingual).
- Experience and comfort working in a cross-cultural environment.