Geologist - Senior Mine
Northern Star Resources Limited (ASX: NST) is an Australian ASX 100 gold producer with four Tier-1 world-class projects located in highly prospective and low sovereign risk regions of Australia and North America. Northern Star is the second largest Australian gold producer and among the top 25 gold miners globally. Northern Star continues to invest in building a strong asset base through strategic acquisitions and aggressive exploration to extend the mine lives across its world-class operations and generate earning accretive value for its Shareholders through operational effectiveness
Due to an internal transfer, Northern Star (Pogo) LLC have a challenging and rewarding opportunity for a Senior Mine Geologist at our world-class Pogo operation in Alaska on a rotational camp schedule.
What do we offer?
- Vibrant hub of activity on site, with the ability to be part of successful and productive team
- Permanent position and extended mine-life offering job security.
- Excellent remuneration package with bonuses, insurances, 401k and paid leave.
- Ongoing development opportunities and growth within a company that continuously invest in their people.
What's the role?
The Senior Mine Geologist reports to the Geology Manager (Operations), and the primary role is to control, direct and participate in all underground grade control functions, demonstrated by accurate and timely geological delineation of the ore meet the Mining Department schedule.
- Drill data collection and validity, interpretation updates, QAQC, determining mineralization, controls and modelling the geology to develop mineral resources
- High level planning, including drill scheduling, and working with mine planning with development and stope designs
- Create, estimate and report on grade control block models for the underground mine
- Ensure daily and monthly mine to mill reconciliations are monitored and completed
- Ensure quarterly and biannual resource vs. reserve reconciliation reports are completed
- Build and manage team as required including mentoring the less experienced staff, emphasizing safety, high technical standards and continuous improvement
- Provide leadership to ensure that all geology and diamond drill personnel adhere to safety standards that exceed industry practice and any applicable legislative provisions
- Complete project work and presentations to a professional standard as and when required
What we are looking for:
You'll be a highly committed individual who will display behaviour consistent to our Northern Star Values of Safety, Teamwork, Accountability, Respect and Results, looking to work with the business for the long term and be an integral part in its future growth and development.
- Bachelor of Science, majoring in Geology, from a recognized institution
- At least 10 years' experience in the mining industry (majority underground), in structurally controlled ore deposits (with experience in gold)
- Familiarity with all underground grade control methods and techniques
- Mining Software skills (Vulcan or similar) and computer literacy (Microsoft Office)
- Strong technical writing skills
- Resource modelling and QA/QC Skills required
- Valid Driver's License required.
- Good communication skills.
- Must have good comprehension of safe operating procedures, safety rules, policies, emergency procedures, and MSHA requirements.
- Must pass a post offer physical and drug test, as well as a background check.
Working a 15 days on, 13 days off rotating schedule of days and nights, up to 12 hours a day or more at a remote campsite. Extreme conditions, including but not limited to extreme and changing weather conditions, dust, mud, varying levels of noise, varying degrees of light and dark, in and around artificial light and in a confined work area.
Employees are required to stay on site at the company provided camp during the work rotation. Camp facilities provide dining service, games room, exercise & weight room, sauna, and accommodation rooms. Dormitory rooms have a land line phone, great Wi-Fi & cable TV. Cell service is available through Wi-Fi. The Company provides a bus service to and from Fairbanks, Delta Junction and Tok, Alaska.
Why join us?
When you join our Company, you join the Northern Star Team. You will be engaged in a dynamic work environment where you will be valued as an integral part of the team, and where you can develop and grow with our business.
Northern Star actively supports and contributes to the local community in which we operate. We are a proud supporter of the Veterans' Employment Commitment and recognise the advantage of a diversified workplace including diversity of gender, thought, experience, and ethnicity. We encourage applications from diverse backgrounds and strive for workplace excellence.
Want to know more about Northern Star? Check out our website here: http://www.nsrltd.com/ or follow us on linked in: https://www.linkedin.com/company/northern-star-resources-limited/
Shortlisting for this role will begin immediately.
Candidates living in the Fairbanks North Star Borough, Delta and Tok regions will be given first consideration.
Due to the large volume of applications, only applicants who are shortlisted will be contacted.