You are an experienced miner with a safety focused mindset looking for your next opportunity to make a difference. As the Shaft Miner you will be responsible for working on a suspended work platform and performing various tasks such as the installation of vent tubing and mine services, shaft lining installation, installation of shaft steel and minor construction.
- Following Company health and safety standards and reporting any unsafe acts or conditions to Supervisor
- Responsible for the use and maintenance of all safety equipment, i.e. Lanyards, warning signs and labeling, according to company rules and applicable legislation.
- Set up and operate drills and drilling machines to produce a designated pattern of blasting holes
- Install shaft lining components, including cement and grout, in accordance with blue prints and engineering specifications
- Perform duties required to ensure safety and to support the shaft advance, such as scaling loose rock from walls, extending and installing air and water pipes, operating muck loading machinery and inspecting mine shafts
- Receive instructions or directives from Shift Supervisors and Captain to coordinate day to day ground control requirements
- Must be able to comprehend written and verbal instructions as required to perform his duties in a safe and efficient manner
- 5+ years experience in a similar role
- Familiar with Occupational Health & Safety and Mines Regulations
- Ability to multi-task and work effectively
- Ability to work efficiently as part of a team as well as independently
- 14 days on and 14 days off
- 12 hours per day
- Camp provided and applicable flight allowance