Junior Production Geologist
Welcome to the Brucejack Mine!
We are Pretivm – a Canadian mining company, headquartered in Vancouver, BC and the proud owner of the Brucejack Gold Mine. Brucejack Mine is a 3,800 tonnes-per-day high-grade gold underground mine located in northwestern British Columbia, approximately 65 kilometers north of Stewart.
As an employer, we are committed to ensuring a safe, comfortable and diverse working environment. We are working closely with our neighbours – the local communities and First Nations - to provide employment.
About the Opportunity:
We currently have an exciting opportunity for two Junior Production Geologists to join our team in at the Brucejack Mine.
Reporting to the Chief Mine Geologist, your primary responsibility will be to support the geology team in all aspects of geological work programs at the Brucejack mine by providing technical analysis and production personnel to optimize extraction of mineable reserves. The specific focus on this position is on implementation of the Grade Control program, through sample collection, processing and tracking.
Your key duties, that are to be performed with safety being the number one priority, are:
- The Junior Production Geologist collects and prepares grade control samples for analysis from both longhole production drills and jumbo development drills.
- Using specialized equipment, the Junior Production Geologist conducts sample splitting of bulk samples for further lab analysis.
- Working as part of a crew, the Junior Production Geologist assembles, operates and maintains field and laboratory mechanical and testing equipment.
- Collects, compiles and records data and test results on all electrical and mechanical equipment and devices.
- Adjusts and repairs testing, electrical, and mechanical equipment and devices as required.
- Operates a variety of equipment such as telehandlers and Minemaster to assist in the transportation and processing of samples.
- Monitors various drilling activities to determine timely sampling and analysis.
- Using applicable measuring devices, inspects equipment for wear and identifies maintenance requirements and/or replacement of defective parts.
- Prepares notes, sketches, geological maps and cross section reports for distribution to relevant personnel.
- Participates in geological and geophysical underground mine survey programs.
- Using relevant computer software applications, plots collected data and information for retrieval and generation of reports.
- Using relevant computer software applications, inputs raw sample data and generates sample shipments and tracks sample movement.
- Data input tracking and reporting of daily production ore movement.
- Demonstrate awareness and commitment to health, community and environmental protection in keeping with Pretivm’s goals and objectives.
- Perform other related duties as required.
- Bachelor’s degree/diploma in geology or geological engineering.
- Strong communication, leadership, planning, time management organizational skills.
- Advanced computer & administrative software (ie. Vulcan, Excel, Access, Mapinfo).
- Experience with grade control and production monitoring with epithermal style deposits.
- Project and coordination experience.
- Knowledge of workplace safety requirements and procedures.
- Ability to record and maintain daily records.
- Analytical, supervisory and problem solving skills.
- Cross cultural awareness of the differences in cultural and economic backgrounds.
- Work at remote location (camp) on a 14 days on/14 days off rotation.
- Able to pass a pre-employment medical screening.
- Must be able to lift/move up to 50lbs throughout a work shift.
- Be able maintain high levels of performance over 12 hour shifts.
- Able to work in areas of extreme weather conditions.
- Able to work in close quarters with the team.
- Pretivm promotes a drug and alcohol free work environment through the use of mandatory pre-employment drug and alcohol testing.
What we can offer you:
We are committed to ensuring that all of our team members are kept healthy and safe. To achieve this, we provide comfortable camp accommodations, as well as balanced meals prepared by our culinary team.
Team members can expect access to TV and wifi, our on-site gym and a variety of recreational activities.
All of our team members are also rewarded with a host of great benefits, including:
- Paid travel days, including transport to and from site.
- Competitive salary commensurate with experience, skills, and qualifications.
- Extended medical benefits and wellness coverage.
It is important to note that the wellbeing of our team is our top priority. As such, we promote a drug and alcohol-free work environment through the use of mandatory pre-employment drug and alcohol testing.
IF YOU'RE LOOKING FOR AN EXCITING NEW CHALLENGE JOIN PRETIVM AND THE BRUCEJACK MINE TODAY!