Make an impact at Canada’s premier mining company.
When you advance your career at New Gold, you are joining a Canadian-focused intermediate gold mining company engaged in the operation, development and exploration of mineral properties. Our mission is be a leading intermediate gold producer, driving responsible and profitable mining in a way that creates sustainable value for our employee, shareholders, the communities in which we live and work and our environment. To learn more about New Gold, visit our website at www.newgold.com. To learn more about our culture and people practices, visit the Career page.
New Gold attracts and hires highly skilled individuals. By joining our team, you can look forward to:
- A stimulating values-based work environment
- A culture of collaboration and inclusion
- Inspiring colleagues and approachable leaders
- Career development opportunities
- A deeply rooted commitment to responsible mining, health and safety and community engagement
- A competitive total compensation program
- A comprehensive benefits package including a retirement savings plan
Rainy River Mine
Situated in beautiful northwestern Ontario, 65 km northwest of Fort Frances, the Rainy River Mine is an open pit, gold and silver producing, residential mine site.
The Rainy River Mine, located adjacent to the Ontario / Minnesota border is 65 Kilometers northwest of Fort Frances, Ontario and is situated half way between Winnipeg, Manitoba and Thunder Bay, Ontario The area is home to more than 130 species of birds and large populations of moose, black bear and deer. If you enjoy outdoor activities including hunting, fishing, winter sports and lake country then this is an area you will love to live and work in.
About the Role
Schedule: 7/7 – 12 hour shift work rotation
Position Reports To: Senior Project Geologist
- Assist Senior Project Geologist in assuring the RC program achieves its goals
- Assist with RC Drill sample collection, working in dusty and noisy environment, proper sampling techniques, repetitive lifting, proper sample labeling,
- Daily preparation of sample bags
- Daily contractor communication, planning of drill program areas
- Daily communication with engineering and survey groups.
- Assist in other key areas of the mine as required
- College Mine Engineering Technician diploma or similar relevant diploma or previous on the job training in similar position
- Minimum one year previous mining experience is required
- Valid Driver’s license
- Strong interdepartmental communication skills
- Able to change and re-prioritize tasks for self and others as new information is gathered
- Strong ability to self-learn
- Able to work independently or within groups
- Good computer skills
- Requires working in a mining environment in all weather conditions
- Requires assisting other geology groups in the mine as required
- Requires providing support to general labor group
Why New Gold?
- Highly competitive base salary, compensation programs and a quarterly incentive program
- Extended Health & Dental Benefit
- Short-term and long-term disability insurance benefit
- Defined match contribution to group registered retirement savings account
- Relocation package available