Mine Equipment Trainer
Copper Mountain Mine is a large scale open pit copper mine located in south central British Columbia. The mine has evolved into a mature and highly efficient operation with a long term mine plan and significant opportunity for mine life extension. If you like to work with people in a working environment to deliver results, and you enjoy an active outdoor lifestyle with easy access to city life, this could be your opportunity.
This position is responsible for the safe training, follow-up, and record keeping for mine equipment operators; through the support and implementation of SOP (Safe Operating Procedures) of the mine while communicating and encouraging best practices relating to safe, productive and efficient operation of many types of equipment used within our operations.
- Ensure effective and timely delivery of established training materials, systems, and processes
- Assist in development and implementation of new training programs
- Develop all CMM equipment operators to produce a high quality of equipment operating skills
- Conduct initial and periodic competency assessments of equipment operators and provide feedback to the operator, supervisor, and general foreman
- Document all assessment information and ensure all training records are maintained and results are communicated to management team, and are available upon request by Ministry of Mines personnel
- Utilize your expertise to mentor equipment operators and develop training action plans for operators that require further training, coaching, and mentoring
- Administer all aspects of future computer based learning/training programs and assist in the development of any programs
- Utilize available resources to provide professional mine operation training manuals, assisting with the development and skill level progression of all operators on site
- Assist with orientation process for new employees
- 10+ years mining experience
- Experience in delivering training packages, utilizing learning theories/styles appropriate to the workforce
- Extensive people management experience in relevant fields
- Skilled in utilizing computers and programs such as Microsoft Word, Excel, Office, Outlook
- Conducting training and development for all equipment operators and ensuring all persons working on site are duly authorized, signed off, and skilled
- Create an environment that encourages safe working skills/habits
- Contribute to continuous improvement of the department and development initiatives
- Advanced understanding of drills, loaders, shovels, graders, and haul trucks
- Good understanding of Health, Safety and Reclamation Code for Mines in BC
- Valid Open Pit Shift Boss Ticket an asset
Pay and Benefits:
CMM offers a competitive wage, comprehensive benefit package, and RRSP contributions for retirement planning. There is no camp provision at Copper Mountain Mine.
This is a Monday – Friday (5x2) position. All qualified persons are invited to apply; applicants must be legally entitled to work in Canada.
You will be required to participate in a pre-employment drug & alcohol screening and a medical.