Company: Gibraltar Mines Limited
Location: McLeese Lake, BC
Reporting Relationship: Senior Engineer
Company Background and Culture
Taseko Mines is a dynamic international mining company, headquartered in Vancouver. Our strategy is to grow our company through developing our pipeline of high-quality advanced stage projects.
Taseko owns (75%) and operates the state-of-the-art Gibraltar Mine in central British Columbia. Gibraltar is the second largest open pit copper mine in Canada and has a 700 person workforce. Gibraltar has a long mine life and produces an average of 140 million pounds of copper and 2.5 million pounds of molybdenum per year.
The company has recently completed construction of a US$25 million demonstration plant at its Florence Copper Project in Arizona. Florence Copper is a unique in-situ copper recovery project which, when in production, will significantly increase Taseko’s copper production. Engineering, design and permitting activities are underway in preparation for the 25-year commercial production phase of the project.
With the recent acquisition of Yellowhead Mining, Taseko has added a large, long-life copper project to its development portfolio. The deposit, located 150km north of Kamloops, BC, is similar to the Gibraltar Mine deposit and the company is preparing to take the steps necessary to advance the technical and permitting work required to move the project towards production.
In addition to the activities underway at Florence Copper and Yellowhead, Taseko continues engineering, permitting and environmental assessment related activities at its Aley niobium project in north central BC. For more information on Taseko visit our website at https://www.tasekomines.com.
- Provide Mine Operations with accurate field control based off engineered survey releases.
- Maintain accurate asbuilt surface of active pit and dump areas.
- Assist with month end survey reconciliation work and maintain accurate month end records.
- Survey underground utilities as required and maintain an accurate infrastructure as-built map.
- Assist Geotechnical Engineer with prism installation as required.
- Assist Ore Control Engineer with Ore/Waste identification in field.
- Assist Drill and Blast crew with drill hole staking and drill pattern preparation.
- Conduct aerial drone surveys of the mine site.
Professional Experience / Qualifications
- Previous field surveying experience is an asset.
- Experience with GPS equipment and surveying software.
- Ability to use survey instruments and do surveying.
- Knowledge and experience using a total station and GPS.
- Effective time management, planning and communications skills.
- Ability to prioritize and adapt to changing priorities and deadlines.
- Ability to work under pressure and maintain a calm focus during hectic periods.
- Able to work independently as well as function as an effective team member.
- Attention to detail.
- Proficient in Microsoft Word, Excel, Outlook and Internet Explorer.
- Experience with Mine Modelling Software, such as AutoCAD, and MineSight.
- A Diploma in Geomatics, Survey Engineering or equivalent experience.
At Taseko, we pride ourselves in offering a challenging and rewarding work environment. Our employees have the opportunity for career and professional growth through development, education, and succession plan programs.
In addition, our compensation benefit package includes competitive salaries and vacation packages, Health and Insurance benefit program, and Retirement Savings Plan.