REPORTS TO: CHIEF METALLURGIST
Robinson Nevada Mining Company operates the Robinson Copper Mine near Ruth, Nevada just outside Ely, Nevada. Ely (Central) Nevada is a great place for outdoor enthusiasts and RNMC is a great place to work. Zero Harm for our employees, Community and Environment are our highest priority.
PURPOSE & SCOPE OF THE POSITION:
The Plant Metallurgist interacts with sample prep, analytical lab, metallurgical lab, operations, accounting, purchasing, warehousing, mechanical maintenance, electrical maintenance and mine engineering departments. This position supports mine, processing, administration and exploration/geology departments by providing timely and accurate determinations.
- Overseeing the day to day metallurgical performance of the plant and mentoring of plant metallurgists
- Conduct testing and collect data to achieve optimization of ore processing in a safe and environmentally sound manner
- Maintain accurate metallurgical balances and reporting
- Work closely with mine engineering regarding scheduled ore delivery and grade and communicate in advance any prospective metallurgical problems associated with the type of ore to be delivered to the crushing plant
- Optimize, troubleshoot and implement solutions for metallurgical technical issues affecting plant performance
- Improve plant processes by providing technical information to develop, train and help set operational guidelines
- Supervise metallurgical lab and help coordinate testing schedules for mine and mill
- Perform activities in a safe and environmentally compliant manner
Previous Related Work Experience Required
- Minimum of 7 years of progressive "hands on" professional experience, preferably in the mining industry
- Ability to establish effective working relationships with RNMC management and contractors, and be a capable project and task manager.
- Possess strong written and verbal communication skills with technical writing experience.
- Willingness to travel including overnight as necessary.
- Ability to work evenings, weekends and holidays as necessary.
- Basic understanding of Project Management and Cost Accounting.
- Bachelor of Science in Metallurgy (Mineral Processing) or Metallurgical Engineering, Chemical Engineering.
Special Skills and/or Knowledge Required
- Knowledge of copper flotation, metallurgical processes and problem solving ability in a difficult ore body setting.
- Practical experience in a process plant and analytical/metallurgical laboratory environment.
- Capability of applying advanced statistical methods desirable
Special Equipment/Computer Knowledge Required
- Microsoft Word, Power Point and Excel proficiency and utilization of other related software.
- Statistical methods and their application software desirable.
- Knowledge of grinding, flotation, thickening, filtering and drying equipment.
- Mass balance and modelling software proficiency
Salary: Depending on experience
Date Posting Opened: 9/2/2020
Date Posting Closed: Until Filled
JOB POSTING RESPONSE:
Internal candidates must complete a Job Posting Response Form and include a resume. External candidates can apply through Nevada Job Connect or submit an application and/or resume
RNMC is an Equal Opportunity Employer. If you have any questions please contact Kami Williams at 775-289-7205.