Minto Explorations Ltd is a Yukon based mining company that operates the Minto copper, gold mine. It is located 240 kilometres north along the Klondike Highway from the capital Whitehorse. The Minto mine has recommenced operations and is ramping up production. Minto is looking to build its workforce substantially over the short to medium term and is looking for a range of candidates who would like to become part of a dynamic, team-oriented, and performance-driven environment.
We are seeking a Maintenance Supervisor for a full time/regular position. The role will be based at the Minto mine, which is a camp-based operation with a two weeks on/two weeks off rotation.
The Ideal Candidate
You will have;
- 8-10 years of plant experience, preferably in mining environment;
- Interprovincial journeyman trade certificate; (preferably Millwright)
- Previous supervisory experience an asset;
- Good working knowledge with MS Office suite of software.
- Experience working in a remote mining or industrial environment;
- Must be eligible to work in Canada;
- Ability to develop and foster strong working relationships;
- Ability to work with a diverse cross-cultural workforce;
- Strong analytical and problem-solving abilities;
- Valid driver's license;
- Standard First Aid Certificate;
- Physically fit to perform the duties of the position.
- Experience using CMMS Program
- First-line supervision of Mine Maintenance Crew;
- Maintain production goals and objectives as a team;
- Plan and organize maintenance jobs safely and within a budget;
- Ensure Federal/Yukon Trade Codes and Regulations remain in compliance;
- Skills assessments and effective deployment of personnel;
- Performance reports and remedial action as required;
- Daily work assignments, supervisory direction, and follow-ups;
- Monitor and coach crew members to ensure repairs, rebuilds, installation, and fabrication are performed efficiently, effectively and ensuring that proper mill operations and safety procedures are adhered to;
- Practice and actively promote company environmental, health, safety, and operational policies and procedures;
- Ensure that safety issues are reported and promptly remedied;
- Demonstrate safety leadership within a team environment and promote environmental awareness in all work or task-related duties;
- Maintain a high standard of performance in your duties;
- Be an effective communicator in English (verbal and written) at all levels, including keeping your cross-shift and other team members fully always informed
- Participate in site-specific training;
- Comply with company standards, as well as Yukon Territory and Canadian federal standards;
- Other duties may be assigned from time to time as required by the Company.
- Work closely with operations maintaining good communication
Priority consideration will be given to Selkirk First Nation citizens, Northern Tutchone citizens, Yukon First Nations, and residents of the Yukon Territory.
Suitable applicants are to send their CV to HR@mintomine.com. We thank all candidates for their interest however only those considered for an interview will be contacted.
Apply for Maintenance Supervisor
Already uploaded your resume? Sign in to apply instantly
More searches like this
- Maintenance/Mechanical Permanent Full Time English jobs in Whitehorse
- Mill & Metallurgy Permanent Full Time English jobs in Whitehorse
- Mining Production Permanent Full Time English jobs in Whitehorse
- Supervisory Permanent Full Time English jobs in Whitehorse
- Trade & Skilled Permanent Full Time English jobs in Whitehorse