Mine Planning Engineer - Long Term
CSG are currently working with a well-positioned operational mining company focused on its growing skill-sets in key areas of their flagship assets in North America. At this time they require a Long Term Planning Engineer with operational experience for a role that is equal parts mentoring as it is developing mining procedures on-site as they work to become a Superintendent in the near term.
Reporting to the Technical Services Manager and working on a residential 5:2 roster this role will require an individual who is a team player and safety conscious, and capable of working with a diverse team of engineers, technical services staff and underground operations personnel.
Responsibilities for this Long Term Planning Engineer position;
- Complete stope preparation by compiling all historical mining information for adjacent stopes
- Design stope shapes to optimise economic ore recovery, employing safe and efficient mining practices.
- Design drill patterns based on guidance from Senior Planner, Ground Control and Geology
- Focus, focus and more focus on the planning of the mine with particular lean towards medium and long term
- Review hole survey information and adjust drilling/blasting designs to ensure optimal stope performance
- Generation of approved plans in line with mining schedule.
- Design paste fill layout and provide berm location information
- Design production slashes, cable bolt layouts, raise layouts, muck plans, drill plans and other layouts as required.
- Communicate with Operations to ensure proper drill selection, required deadlines, adjustments to plan and troubleshooting of issues
- Complete stope closeout and documentation of any hazards
- Development Designs in line with life of mine planning and medium-term mining schedule.
- Bachelor’s Degree in mining engineering
- A Long Term Planning Engineer with 5 years’ experience with most being in underground hard rock mining
- Professional Engineering Accreditation preferable
- Proven attention to detail with a high level of accuracy
- Excellent organizational, time management and office management skills
- Ability to work effectively as part of a team, as well as independently
- Demonstrated well-developed interpersonal skills, with a courteous and pleasant customer service focus
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Capability to self-manage and self-motivate
- Demonstrated good attendance and performance records with the ability to maintain these same standards
If you'd be interested in a long term journey in a role with potential growth attached to it, please click apply now where Jon Taylor will handle your application in confidence.
Apply for Mine Planning Engineer - Long Term
Already uploaded your resume? Sign in to apply instantly