Technician, Mill Operations
- MOUNT MILLIGAN:
Mount Milligan, located in central British Columbia, is a conventional truck and shovel, open pit copper and gold mine and concentrator, with a 60,000 tpd capacity copper flotation processing plant. Mount Milligan has an estimated mine life of nine years, with proven and probable reserves totaling 959 million pounds copper and 2.4 million ounces gold.
Reporting to the Mill Operations Supervisor, the Mill Technician will be responsible for maintaining the operational integrity of the crushing and milling complex as required.
- Maintain the operational integrity of their circuit; in order to achieve safety, environmental, quality, costs, and production targets.
- Ability to operate a variety of circuits including, Reagent Mixing, Tailings Monitoring, Concentrate Dewatering, and Primary/Secondary Crushing Circuits.
- Actively participates in mentoring and training others.
- Understands and complies with all company policies and procedures.
The ideal candidate for this role will possess many or possibly all the following attributes:
- Four or more years operating experience in a mining/milling environment.
- Attention and compliance to established safety rules and guidelines is paramount.
- Experience in Tailings, Reagent Mixing, Concentrate Dewatering, and Primary/Secondary Crushing.
- Experience with Confined Space, Lock Out Tag Out, and Fall Arrest.
- Experience operating Skid Steers, Mini Excavators, Overheard Crane, and Forklifts.
- Ability to work in adverse weather conditions.
- Familiarity with computers.
- Comfortable working in a team environment.
- Collaborative work style - willing to participate in solving problems and comfortable working both in a team environment and with minimal supervision.
- Self-motivated, team player with a positive attitude.
- The role is located at the Mount Milligan Mine, which is approximately 155 kilometers northwest of Prince George, British Columbia.
- Bus transportation to and from site is provided free of charge from several locations within the region. Employees accessing the site from outside the region are eligible to receive a tax-free travel allowance commensurate with the distance they are required to travel.
- The ideal candidate for the role will be prepared to live within the region of Prince George and will work a rotation of seven shifts' on and seven shifts' off, 12 hours shifts, with an alternating day/night rotation.
- Candidates must be able to maintain high levels of performance for extended shifts, up to 12 hours in duration, depending upon the rotation.
- Able to work in close quarters with a dedicated team of professionals.
- Mount Milligan promotes a drug and alcohol-free workplace and has adopted a zero-tolerance policy with respect to alcohol or unauthorized drugs on site.
WHAT CAN WE OFFER?
- An industry competitive salary that is commensurate with experiences, qualifications and skills.
- Tax-free travel allowance for those living outside the region.
- Comfortable camp accommodations, each room having a private washroom, TV and wifi. The camp is complete with a gymnasium and other recreational activities.
- Extended health, dental and travel benefits, including life insurance.
- Employee and family assistance program.
If you are looking for an exciting opportunity and to build a career in an innovative and dynamic organization, submit your resume by clicking on Apply Now below.