Twin Boom Jumbo Operator
Northern Star Resources Limited (ASX: NST) is an Australian ASX 100 gold producer with four Tier-1 world-class projects located in highly prospective and low sovereign risk regions of Australia and North America. Northern Star is the second largest Australian gold producer and among the top 25 gold miners globally. Northern Star continues to invest in building a strong asset base through strategic acquisitions and aggressive exploration to extend the mine lives across its world-class operations and generate earning accretive value for its Shareholders through operational effectiveness
Due to expansion, Northern Star (Pogo) LLC have a challenging and rewarding opportunity for a Jumbo Operator/Trainer at our world-class Pogo operation in Alaska on a rotational camp schedule.
What do we offer?
- Vibrant hub of activity on site, with the ability to be part of successful and productive team
- Permanent position and extended mine-life offering job security.
- Excellent remuneration package with bonuses, insurances, 401k and paid leave.
- Ongoing development opportunities and growth within a company that continuously invest in their people.
What's the role?
The Twin Boom Jumbo Operator reports to the Underground Shift Supervisor, and the primary role is to provide safe and efficient development advances within the Operations and to train others in operating Sandvik jumbos with split feeds.
- Adhere to the site's safety systems and procedures
- Operate to Northern Star Mining Development and Ground Support Standards at all times
- Operate the jumbo within survey and geological specifications.
- Operate efficiently by minimising rework, waste and identify savings
- Maintain accurate pre-starts, assist with fault finding and preventative maintenance
- Provide accurate recording of jumbo daily activity on plod card
- Lead and mentor other employees to Northern Star standards and STARR Core Values
What are we looking for?
You'll be a highly dedicated individual who will display behaviour consistent to our Northern Star Values of Safety, Teamwork, Accountability, Respect and Results, looking to work with the business for the long term and be an integral part in its future growth and development.
- Experience with Sandvik DD421 Jumbos fitted with Split Feeds is required
- Minimum 2 years experience in bolt/meshing operations with a total of at least 10 years experience in underground mining
- Ability to provide leadership and training to new team members
- Excellent communication skills.
- Must have good comprehension of safe operating procedures, safety rules, policies, emergency procedures, and MSHA requirements.
- Must pass a post offer physical and drug test, as well as a background check.
Working a 6 week on and 6 week off rotating schedule of days and nights, up to 12 hours a day or more at a remote campsite. Extreme conditions, including but not limited to extreme and changing weather conditions, dust, mud, varying levels of noise, varying degrees of light and dark, in and around artificial light and in a confined work area.
Employees are required to stay on site at the company provided camp during the work rotation. Camp facilities provide dining service, games room, exercise & weight room, sauna, and accommodation rooms. Dormitory rooms have a land line phone, great Wi-Fi & cable TV. Cell service is available through Wi-Fi. The Company provides a bus service to and from Fairbanks, Delta Junction and Tok, Alaska.
Why join us?
When you join our Company, you join the Northern Star Team. You will be engaged in a dynamic work environment where you will be valued as an integral part of the team, and where you can develop and grow with our business.
Northern Star actively supports and contributes to the local community in which we operate. We are a proud supporter of the Veterans' Employment Commitment and recognize the advantage of a diversified workplace including diversity of gender, thought, experience, and ethnicity. We encourage applications from diverse backgrounds and strive for workplace excellence.
Want to know more about Northern Star? Check out our website here: http://www.nsrltd.com/ or follow us on linked in: https://www.linkedin.com/company/northern-star-resources-limited/
Shortlisting for this role will begin immediately.
Candidates living in the Fairbanks North Star Borough, Delta and Tok regions will be given first consideration.
Due to the large volume of applications, only applicants who are shortlisted will be contacted.