Senior Resource Geologist
- Perth based role, with travel to site as required.
- Emerging ASX listed gold producer
- Excellent career growth opportunity.
On behalf of an emerging WA gold producer, with an existing 1moz + resource base underpinning an attractive development proposition in the heart of the Kalgoorlie Goldfields. This ably led organisation is looking to appoint a Senior Resource Geologist to play a key role assisting with their mineral resource management activities.
This role is earmarked to allow the successful individual to grow into the Mineral Resource Manager, commensurate with the organisations growth plans and your performance.
About the role
Reporting to the Geology Manager, you will be responsible the companies' resource modelling and resource/reserve management, including the provision of JORC compliant reserves and their reporting. You will work collaboratively with both the exploration and mine geology teams to develop appropriate models that reflect not only the drill/exploration results but are cognisant of the existing mining evidence and historic reconciliation of resources and reserves.
This role will be responsible for preparation of resources and ore reserve statements in conjunction with other technical departments and those within the geology team.
You will have a proven background in resource estimation within open pit and underground narrow vein gold operations.
You will possess:
- Recognised tertiary qualifications in Geology
- A minimum of 10 years' experienceresource modelling and estimation experience, with some prior narrow vein gold experience
- Proven capacity utilising Surpac software
- Ability to work with a small team whilst being highly capable to work alone and get the required job done
- Ideally you will also bring a strong proficiency using either Surpac, Micromine or Leapfrog.
Unfortunately, we are only able to consider people with appropriate and relevant experience, and who are either Australian Permanent Residents or have the necessary permits to work in Australia.