Operations Trainer - FIFO
- Influence, challenge and enable the growth of our people
- Work across all of our Australian operations
- Winner - Large Employer of the Year 2019
Barminco is one of the world's largest hard-rock underground mining service providers with over three decades of experience. Through our unique global operating model, we deliver world-class safety, quality, and productivity.
We are seeking applications from experienced Operations Trainers to join our team. Reporting to the Training Superintendent - Operator Programs, this position will work a FIFO roster from Perth.
About the role:
This purpose of this position is to ensure delivery of training initiatives on site. Continuously improve onsite training. Mentor and develop onsite trainer assessors and ensuring training strategies and development paths are being followed by Barminco employees.
- Utilise machine simulators, virtual reality and training tools for refresher training, upskilling and continuous improvement training.
- Mentor and train site based field trainers.
- Hands on operator training for productivity improvement and component longevity.
- Check the progress of new employees to ensure training pathways are followed.
- Continually review training material and assessment documentation for relevance and accuracy.
- Ensure operators are fully conversant with all safety and operational aspects of the machine they will be operating and are aware of the KPIs that they will be measured against when operating.
- Ensure the correct current documents are used for training purposes.
- Actively participate in developing and improving training processes on site.
- Provide mentoring and coaching to site trainers as required both off-site and on-site to ensure training standards are understood and methods to improve training quality are applied.
- Ensure all training is recorded appropriately and accurately in a timely manner.
- Coordinate upskilling of operators working on site according to their individual professional development progression plans.
- Hold a Certificate IV training qualification and greater than 2 years' experience in training roles, specifically related to mining.
- Underground operational experience and experience in operating mobile mining equipment.
- The ability to mentor and train employees with no previous operating experience. To assist these employees to achieve a high level of situational and safety awareness as well as the required skills to operate efficiently.
- Experience facilitating simulator training, ensuring the training is time effective and learning outcomes are achieved in the shortest space of time. Experience in facilitating training utilizing Virtual Reality technology.
- The ability to communicate effectively and professionally at all levels within an organization and always maintain professional decorum.
- Knowledge of relevant Mining Legislation, Acts, Regs and Standards that need to be referenced within the operator training program.
- Knowledge of the AQTF and the requirement to map training programs to nationally recognized units of competence.
What we can offer:
- Generous salary sacrifice packages on offer
- A permanent full-time role, with career progression for successful candidates
- Job Security, with a work-life balance
- Employee incentives, benefits and rewards
- Nationally recognised training and development opportunities
- All pre-mobilisation and out-of-pocket expenses covered including isolation payments.
Your interest and experience can be expressed by clicking the 'Apply Now' button OR email through your CV. For further information call 08 9416 1000 or email email@example.com
Want to know more about Barminco?, Check out our website here https://barminco.com.au/ or follow us on LinkedIn: https://www.linkedin.com/company/barminco/?viewAsMember=true