Northern Star Resources Limited (ASX: NST) is an Australian ASX 100 gold producer with four Tier-1 world-class projects located in highly prospective and low sovereign risk regions of Australia and North America. Northern Star is the second largest Australian gold producer and among the top 25 gold miners globally. Northern Star continues to invest in building a strong asset base through strategic acquisitions and aggressive exploration to extend the mine lives across its world-class operations and generate earning accretive value for its Shareholders through operational effectiveness
Due to increased production, Northern Star (Pogo) LLC have a challenging and rewarding opportunity for an Underground Electrician at our world-class Pogo operation in Alaska on a rotational camp schedule.
What do we offer?
Vibrant hub of activity on site, with the ability to be part of successful and productive team
- Permanent position and extended mine-life offering job security.
- Excellent remuneration package with bonuses, insurances, 401k and paid leave.
- Ongoing development opportunities and growth within a company that continuously invest in their people.
What's the role?
The Underground Electrician reports to the Electrical Supervisor, and the primary role is the installation and maintenance of electrical infrastructure within the Operations.
- Complete monthly schedule compliance work to a high standard.
- Installation of underground electrical reticulation and infrastructure.
- Breakdown and maintenance repairs on underground drilling equipment.
- Installation, maintenance and repairs of underground remote, communication and network systems.
- Maintenance and breakdown repairs of fixed plant electrical infrastructure, dewatering infrastructure and telemetry are completed to a high standard.
- Liaise closely and maintain effective communication with Electrical Supervisor and other key Stakeholders.
- Rigorous cost management. Avoid rework and unnecessary use of parts/services.
- Ensure correct electrical testing is completed to comply with standards and that all documentation is recorded correctly and in a timely manner.
What are we looking for?
You'll be a highly motivated individual who will display behaviour consistent to our Northern Star Values of Safety, Teamwork, Accountability, Respect and Results, looking to work with the business for the long term and be an integral part in its future growth and development.
- Minimum 3 years relevant experience in the mining industry.
- Journeyman License
- Computer literacy Microsoft Office, etc.
- Good communication skills.
- High Voltage switching ticket (desirable).
- Flexibility to adapt to improved procedures and practices.
- Awareness of the Mine Safety and Health Administration (MSHA) Act & Regulations.
- Be able to pass a background check and post offer physical.
Working a 4 week on, 2 week off schedule of days and nights, up to 12 hours a day or more at a remote campsite. Extreme conditions, including but not limited to extreme and changing weather conditions, dust, mud, varying levels of noise, varying degrees of light and dark, in and around artificial light and in a confined work area.
Employees are required to stay on site at the company provided camp during the work rotation. Camp facilities provide dining service, games room, exercise & weight room, sauna, and accommodation rooms. Dormitory rooms have a land line phone, great Wi-Fi & cable TV. Cell service is available through Wi-Fi. The Company provides a bus service to and from Fairbanks, Delta Junction and Tok, Alaska.
Why join us?
When you join our Company, you join the Northern Star Team. You will be engaged in a dynamic work environment where you will be valued as an integral part of the team, and where you can develop and grow with our business.
Northern Star actively supports and contributes to the local community in which we operate. We are a proud supporter of the Veterans' Employment Commitment and recognise the advantage of a diversified workplace including diversity of gender, thought, experience, and ethnicity. We encourage applications from diverse backgrounds and strive for workplace excellence.
Want to know more about Northern Star? Check out our website here: http://www.nsrltd.com/ or follow us on linked in: https://www.linkedin.com/company/northern-star-resources-limited/
Shortlisting for this role will begin immediately.
Candidates living in the Fairbanks North Star Borough, Delta and Tok regions will be given first consideration.
Due to the large volume of applications, only applicants who are shortlisted will be contacted.