Northern Star Resources Limited (ASX: NST) is an Australian ASX 100 gold producer with four Tier-1 world-class projects located in highly prospective and low sovereign risk regions of Australia and North America. Northern Star is the second largest Australian gold producer and among the top 25 gold miners globally. Northern Star continues to invest in building a strong asset base through strategic acquisitions and aggressive exploration to extend the mine lives across its world-class operations and generate earning accretive value for its Shareholders through operational effectiveness
Due to increased production, Northern Star (Pogo) LLC have a challenging and rewarding opportunity for an Assay Technician at our world-class Pogo operation in Alaska on a rotational camp schedule.
What do we offer?
- Vibrant hub of activity on site, with the ability to be part of successful and productive team
- Permanent position and extended mine-life offering job security.
- Excellent remuneration package with bonuses, insurances, 401k and paid leave.
- Ongoing development opportunities and growth within a company that continuously invest in their people.
What's the role?
The Assay Technician reports to the Chief Assayer and the role is to undertake a range of laboratory tasks from sample preparation to analytical and performing these duties effectively and efficiently in an all-encompassing role.
- Perform routine preparation of samples (solutions, carbons, drill holes, etc.) provided by the mill and mine departments. Sample preparation includes crushing, splitting and pulverization.
- Responsible for employing designed sampling methods which are most appropriate to obtain a sample that is representative of the original sample or blasthole.
- Perform maintenance tasks on equipment, and maintain & clean equipment
- Responsible for inputting blasthole information into lab computers to organize samples and sample envelopes and maintain sample integrity as well as production data for daily and monthly reports.
- Perform quality control checks on equipment.
- Ensure equipment and processes are undertaken in accordance with established procedures and report any issues or problems arising impacting on assaying or processing.
- Ensure samples with "Abnormal Assay" values are repeated immediately.
What are we looking for?
You'll be a highly driven individual who will display behaviour consistent to our Northern Star Values of Safety, Teamwork, Accountability, Respect and Results, looking to work with the business for the long term and be an integral part in its future growth and development.
- High school diploma or GED
- Current Driver's License.
- Experience in a gold mine assay lab preferred.
- Must have sufficient education to read and write instructions, perform simple mathematical calculations, and keep records.
- Experience in data entry and recording of information
- Critical thinking skills and problem solving skills.
- Organized and able to multitask with attention to detail.
- Computer literacy Microsoft Office, Pronto.....)
- Good communication skills.
- Flexibility to adapt to improved procedures and practices.
- Awareness of the Mine Safety and Health Administration (MSHA) Act & Regulations.
- Be able to pass a background check and post offer physical.
Working a rotating schedule of days and nights, up to 12 hours a day or more at a remote campsite. Extreme conditions, including but not limited to extreme and changing weather conditions, dust, mud, varying levels of noise, varying degrees of light and dark, in and around artificial light and in a confined work area.
Employees are required to stay on site at the company provided camp during the work rotation. Camp facilities provide dining service, games room, exercise & weight room, sauna, and accommodation rooms. Dormitory rooms have a land line phone, great Wi-Fi & cable TV. Cell service is available through Wi-Fi. The Company provides a bus service to and from Fairbanks, Delta Junction and Tok, Alaska.
Why join us?
When you join our Company, you join the Northern Star Team. You will be engaged in a dynamic work environment where you will be valued as an integral part of the team, and where you can develop and grow with our business.
Northern Star actively supports and contributes to the local community in which we operate. We are a proud supporter of the Veterans' Employment Commitment and recognise the advantage of a diversified workplace including diversity of gender, thought, experience, and ethnicity. We encourage applications from diverse backgrounds and strive for workplace excellence.
Want to know more about Northern Star? Check out our website here: http://www.nsrltd.com/ or follow us on linked in: https://www.linkedin.com/company/northern-star-resources-limited/
Shortlisting for this role will begin immediately.
Candidates living in the Fairbanks North Star Borough, Delta and Tok regions will be given first consideration.
Due to the large volume of applications, only applicants who are shortlisted will be contacted