Mill Operations Superintendent
JOB NO: PVG202010271
LOCATION: NORTHWESTERN, BC
Welcome to the Brucejack Mine!
We are Pretivm – a Canadian mining company, headquartered in Vancouver, BC and the proud owner of the Brucejack Gold Mine. Brucejack Mine is a 3,800 tonnes-per-day high-grade gold underground mine located in northwestern British Columbia, approximately 65 kilometers north of Stewart.
As an employer, we are committed to ensuring a safe, comfortable and diverse working environment. We are working closely with our neighbours – the local communities and First Nations - to provide employment. We know our success is thanks to the hardworking people who make up our team and as such we reward them with highly competitive salaries, an excellent benefits package, and incredibly comfortable camp accommodations as well as balanced meals prepared by our culinary team.”
About the Opportunity:
We currently have an exciting opportunity for a Mill Operations Superintendent to join Pretium Exploration Inc.'s "Pretivm" Brucejack Mine in Northwestern, British Columbia.
Located approximately 65 kilometers from Stewart, you will report to the Mill Manager or designate, and work a rotating schedule encompassing 13 days on, 13 days off.
This position directly supervises mill operation supervisors, mill trainers, and refiners and indirectly; lead operators and metallurgists.
This position requires daily interaction with the superintendent from the health and safety, mill maintenance, underground, surface operations, environmental and logistics
In this role, you will be responsible for safe operations of the processing facilities including paste backfill, underground dewatering, water treatment, bulk gravity lab, directing and controlling activities to ensure efficiency of each unit operations. In addition, you will also be responsible for planning, continued growth of the mill operation, maximizing operational efficiencies, safety, and cost control and to cultivate exceptional employee satisfaction.
While no two days in this fast-paced and pivotal role will ever be alike, your more typical responsibilities will include:
- Assist in the development of departmental procedure and policies, developing all process standard operating procedures.
- Administer and enforce compliance to company policy and all provincial and mining regulations.
- Continually coordinate work with mill maintenance to ensure optimal operations and minimal down-time.
- Assist with planning and preparation of budgets. Monitor performance against budget and time schedule while also monitoring and reviewing costs and providing accurate explanations of budget variance.
- Communicate department status with supervisors and interface with other departments to ensure company's key performance indicators are met and in compliance with both provincial & federal regulations.
- Support in the preparation of the annual reports.
- Interact with mill maintenance, metallurgists, metallurgical lab technicians, refiners, instrumentation techs, underground operations, environmental, logistic and materials management, HR, surface operations, engineering and others to ensure safe production and optimal throughput and recovery are achieved and maintained.
- Adhere to the principles of planned preventative maintenance, ensuring that equipment failures are the exception and plant life is maximized by sound capture of plant history and detailed planning.
- Must comply with provincial and federal health and safety regulations, company policies and procedures and the company’s environmental compliance and ethics policy.
- Conduct safety meetings, staff meetings, safety inspections and demonstrate a strong personal commitment to safety and the environment.
- Develop a technically competent and credible team which will continuously improve the operation processes.
- Provide training and growth opportunities to challenge team members while accomplishing objectives.
- Evaluate performance, provide feedback and help establish goals for all department employees through annual performance assessments for direct reports and assist as needed for indirect reports.
- Participate in interviewing prospective employees, conducting site-specific orientation for new hires, and overseeing training.
- Conduct or assist with investigations as needed, administer discipline where required.
- Respond to emergencies that could cause injury or loss to production.
- Assist in the development of systems and measures that appropriately assesses performance of mill.
- Monitors records for the mill, including safety meetings, attendance, vacations, performance evaluations, disciplinary action and training records.
- Reviews all reports related to accidents, injuries, equipment damage, and loss of process; makes recommendations on prevention strategies.
- Assist building the capabilities of the team to enhance the mill operation's ability to achieve key performance indicators and operating strategies; identifies succession role requirements and high potential talent and actively develops key talent.
Position requirements include, but are not limited to:
- Bachelor's degree in metallurgical engineering or a degree in a relevant field and between ten (10) to twenty (20) years related experience.
- Between five (5)to ten (10) years in a supervisory position desired.
- Proactive safety leadership.
- Knowledge and experience of developing policies and procedures relating to safety and milling operations.
- Familiar with provincial, industry and local health and safety, and environmental regulations, as they relate to mining operations.
- Strong verbal, written, analytical, and persuasive skills and the ability to interact effectively with all levels of employees and management.
- Excellent administrative and organizational skills with the ability to communicate effectively both orally and in writing.
- Demonstrate the ability to work with minimal supervision and to effectively plan, coordinate and complete individual projects in addition to maintaining daily production responsibilities.
- Work at remote location (camp) on a 13 days on/13 days off rotation.
- Able to pass a pre-employment medical screening.
- Be able maintain high levels of performance over 12-hour shifts.
- Able to work in areas of extreme weather conditions.
- Able to work in close quarters with the team.
- Pretivm promotes a drug and alcohol-free work environment through the use of mandatory pre-employment drug and alcohol testing.
What we can offer you:
We are committed to ensuring that all of our team members are kept healthy and safe. To achieve this, we provide comfortable camp accommodations, as well as balanced meals prepared by our culinary team.
Team members can expect access to TV and wifi, our on-site gym and a variety of recreational activities.
All of our team members are also rewarded with a host of great benefits, including:
- Competitive salary commensurate with experience, skills, and qualifications.
- Paid vacation days.
- Extended medical benefits and wellness coverage.
It is important to note that the wellbeing of our team is our top priority. As such, we promote a drug and alcohol-free work environment through the use of mandatory pre-employment drug and alcohol testing.
If you're looking for an exciting new challenge, join Pretivm and the Brucejack mine today.
*Please submit your resume in .PDF and .DOC or .DOCX documents only.*