The Seabee Gold Operation is an underground gold mining and milling operation, located near Laonil Lake, Saskatchewan, Canada, approximately 125 kilometers northeast of the town of La Ronge. The Santoy underground mine has been in continuous commercial production since 2014. Commercial production at the Seabee underground mine commenced in 1991 and exhausted Mineral Resources in 2018. All ore is processed at the Seabee mill facility, which has been in operation since 1991.
This position has a schedule of 2 weeks on, 2 weeks off. You will be required to fly in fly out with pick up points in Saskatoon, Prince Albert & La Ronge.
Reporting to the electrical supervisor, the Electrician will work with the entire Electrical department and be responsible for providing operation and maintenance support to all areas of SGO. This position is responsible for managing jobsites/tradesmen on site as well as maintaining a hands-on responsibility for all aspects of the electrical trade. This role will involve extensive department interaction. Using technical and practical knowledge this position will follow instruction and adhere to the health and safety standards as established by SGO.
- Programing, troubleshooting and repair on all electrical equipment
- High voltage systems maintenance
- Installation of new equipment
- Perform calibrations on process instruments
- Maintaining all new and used equipment
- Perform preventative maintenance on required equipment
- Perform repairs to mining equipment such as drills, fans, and pumps
- Read schematics and troubleshoot electrical circuits
- Capable of doing all hands-on work within the electrical trade, (conduit, wiring, etc.) for general installations in industrial/manufacturing operations
- Managing small to mid-size projects, interfacing with other departments
- Responsible to operate and maintain equipment and auxiliaries safely and efficiently
- Respond to emergency situations as required
- Report deviations to established procedures
- Document and keep an accurate record of work performed
- Adhere to the highest health and safety standards and is aware of the company's policies and procedures on health and safety
Other: Complies with all Company standards, policies and procedures pertaining to appropriate conduct for employees, including the Code of Conduct; the Respect in the Workplace Policy; Safety, Health and Environment Policies; and any other applicable standards, policies and procedures as implemented and/or revised by the Company or by legislation.
NOTE: Nothing in this job description restricts management's right to assign or reassign duties and responsibilities to this job at any time.
The successful candidate will hold a valid Journeypersons license and have 2-3 years of mining electrical experience. Previous underground work experience is considered an asset in addition to experience in all aspects of the electrical trade. Strong mechanical background would be an asset and heavy industry experience is preferred
The successful candidate will have good communication and problem solving skills. The ability to work both independently and within a team in a fast-paced, rapidly changing environment with the utmost professionalism, discretion and confidentiality is essential. A positive and proactive attitude towards safety is essential. Duties will be conducted with strict adherence to SGO policies and procedures.
Laonil Lake, Saskatchewan, Canada