Human Resources Manager
African Mining Services (AMS) is one of the largest Contract Mining Companies in Africa with established support networks in Africa, Australia and Europe. AMS is a wholly owned subsidiary of Perenti. Perenti is an ASX200 diversified global mining services group with businesses in surface mining, underground mining and mining support services. The Group was founded in Kalgoorlie in 1987 and is today one of the world’s largest companies providing surface and underground mining at scale. Headquartered in Australia, Perenti has operations and offices in 13 countries across four continents, employs around 8,000 mining professionals and is creating enduring value and certainty for clients on some of the world’s largest mining projects.t
African Mining Services is currently seeking an experienced HR Manager to become a part of our African operations.
The HR Manager will be required to manage all aspects of Human Resources matters affecting our African Operations. The position will be based in London, Accra or Senegal with extensive travel throughout mainly West Africa.
Reporting to the General Manager HR, you will be required to provide counsel and guidance on current and emerging HR matters with particular focus on labour relations. In this regard, the HR Manager with liaise closely with Operations and Site Managers in the resolution of disputes and any related enquiries / policies. The position will be integral in representing the Company during Agreement negotiations with relevant Unions / employee organisations.
In addition, the role will have specific responsibility for the management of expatriate and national employees including, but not limited to, recruitment, induction, on-boarding, remuneration and benefits, succession planning and performance management, whilst supported by a HR team.
- Management of expatriate workforce including liaison with local labour brokers on all matters pertaining to the employment of local and international workforce.
- Liaise with the Payroll Function and Finance Department in Australia in relation to expatriate remuneration on a routine and as required basis.
- Monitor and update monthly tax diaries for expatriate workforce.
- Liaise with in-country HR offices to approve ledgers
- Advising Managers on any employment law issues.
- Assisting Managers and Labour Broker with disciplinary measures, providing suitable solutions and options approved by Law.
- Oversee employee redudancies with labour broker, including the calculation of redundancies, simulation of redundancy packages and management plan.
- Supporting recruitment of senior national employees.
- Development and implementation of organisation procedures consistent with the applicable Group standards and local employment legislation.
- Participate in and support the deployment of an enterprise wide HR Information System.
- Facilitate talent management practices including succession planning.
- Facilitating negotiations with unions on an as required basis.
- Facilitating the organisation’s annual performance review cycle.
- Accountable for weekly and monthly reporting.
The successful candidate will have:
- Tertiary qualifications in HR or industrial law
- At least 10 years relevant HR experience including labour relations
- Bilingual French / English
- Extensive experience in mining / mining services industry in Francophone Africa
- Superior communication/negotiation/analytical and organisational skills
- Advanced computer literacy of a high level