Talent Acquisition Advisor - Engineering
Working for BBA means being part of a team of talented people who have the passion to succeed and the drive to excel in order to provide first-class service to clients.
Recognized for its extensive field experience and cutting-edge expertise, BBA has been delivering a comprehensive range of consulting engineering services for 40 years, from studies and design to commissioning and operational support. Our firm is supported by a network of offices across Canada to carry out mandates at the local, national and international levels.
BBA provides a stimulating and friendly working atmosphere. We focus on building teams with complementary talents and provide employees with a work environment conducive to developing their skills.
BBA is a Canada's Best Employer recipient from Kincentric and is part of the prestigious Platinum Club of the Best Managed Companies, which unites companies that have held onto their title for over six consecutive years. For BBA, making the list speaks to the rigour of our practices and our unique approach to employee and client relations.
To find out more about BBA, follow us on LinkedIn and connect with our talent acquisition specialists.
Type of position: Regular
Join the BBA team!
Our Human Resources department is currently seeking a Talent Acquisition Advisor for the Vancouver office. You will be part of the national talent acquisition team providing subject matter expertise to ensure our talent needs are met in terms of quality and timeline. You truly understand what consultation means in a fast-paced environment, and you enjoy working with an outstanding team who will be there to support you and have fun at work!
Your role will include:
- Maintaining a network of active and passive candidates using best sourcing practices.
- Providing professional recruiting advice to hiring managers.
- Training and educating hiring managers on TA.
- Understanding operational business objectives and the challenges of your internal clients.
- Developing and implementing solutions by working closely with the Vancouver Operations Director and managers.
- Promoting BBA on social media, networking events and career fairs.
- Chasing candidates using social media, the web and ATS.
- Applying best recruiting practices and proposing solutions to help find exceptional candidates as quickly as possible.
- Fine-tuning talent attraction strategies using various technology platforms and social networks.
- Serving as lead, ensuring BBA’s quality standard for the candidate experience.
- Performing phone screening interviews.
- Coordinating and conducting video and in-person interviews in collaboration with hiring managers.
- Preparing documentation for job offers.
- Coordinating pre-employment verifications with supplier.
- Applying the recruiting process with rigour.
Work Schedule: 37.5
- Exceptional team player
- Business acumen
- Organizational agility
- Organized, detail-oriented and thorough
- Ability to adapt quickly and perform tasks under pressure
- Time and priority management.
- Bachelor's degree in Business Administration, Human Resources or any other relevant education
- At least 8 years of relevant experience, including recruitment of technical professional positions
- Minim of 5 years of experience in developing and implementing recruiting solutions according to operational business requirements
- Excellent ability and interest in using new technology
- Excellent communication skills, both spoken and written
- Advanced knowledge of Boolean searches
- In-depth knowledge of sourcing best practices
- Able to multitask in a fast-paced environment
- Very good knowledge of the MS Office Suite
- ASSET: Experience in the Mining or Power markets.
BBA is committed to promoting diversity and employment equity. We thank you for your interest in our firm. Please note that only those candidates selected will be contacted.