Warehouse and Parts Technician
Job No: PVG202010323
Location: Northwestern, BC
Welcome to the Brucejack Mine!
We are Pretivm – a Canadian mining company, headquartered in Vancouver, BC and the proud owner of the Brucejack Gold Mine. Brucejack Mine is a 3,800 tonnes-per-day high-grade gold underground mine located in northwestern British Columbia, approximately 65 kilometres north of Stewart.
As an employer, we are committed to ensuring a safe, comfortable and diverse working environment. We are working closely with our neighbours – the local communities and First Nations - to provide employment.
About the Opportunity:
We currently have an exciting opportunity for a Warehouse and Parts Technician to join the Brucejack Mine in Northwestern, British Columbia.
This position is located at Pretium Exploration Inc.'s "Pretivm" Brucejack site within the Supply Chain Department. The position’s primary report is to the Warehouse Operations Superintendent.
This position provides Supply Chain support to the Operations and Maintenance departments to ensure the timely delivery of parts and materials required to support production at Brucejack mine site.
Perform the following duties, with safety being the number one priority:
- Manages the delivery of required parts and materials in accordance with a planned schedule and requested delivery.
- Maintains a high-level participation in shutdown maintenance ensuring the flow of goods and / or materials as required.
- Ensure all materials and resources are shipped & received safely, accurately and accounted for through proper delivery and storage practices, and procedures.
- Manage the movement of orders of material and equipment from Smithers or other off-site locations to meet project requirements.
- Monitoring of bulk commodity levels, taking dips and communicating results with various departments – Fuel & Propane
- Monitor inventory at various locations within Brucejack warehouse and laydown areas.
- Arrange the movement of material (Inventory and Non-Stock) between various locations in and around site.
- Maintain good relationships with vendors, end users and contractors.
- Keep accurate records – inventory control, cycle counts, inventory transactions, auditing & reporting.
- Provide prompt and efficient service and direct any enquiries to the appropriate department / person.
- Complete any site-based reports required from Safety, Environment in conjunction with the Warehouse Operations Superintendent or designate.
- Produce weekly/monthly reports for inventory, freight management, bulk products etc.
- Responsible for Safely following instructions from Departmental Leadership ensuring operational excellence in all warehouse areas, efficient operations of warehouse inventory management system and related equipment; ensure inventory is received and issued appropriately and efficiently and safely processed in the warehouse in accordance with all established business policies, procedures and process compliance SOPs.
- Adhere to and participate in Safety and Health Management Program.
- Demonstrate commitment to an injury-free environment through own actions and mentoring others.
- Correct issuance of inventory items from over the counter requests, ensure issue slips are properly filled out, coded, and entered in JD Edwards on a timely basis.
- Participates in special projects as required.
- Other duties and responsibilities to support the overall success of the Brucejack Mine.
- Red Seal Partsperson / Industrial Warehousing qualifications is required.
- 2 – 4 years of relevant front-line experience in warehouse operations, inventory management, and customer relations is required.
- Ability to understand technical specifications of material and equipment.
- Proficient in MS Office and filing systems.
- Excellent communication and radio skills, able to read, write and speak English.
- Well-organized with multi-tasking abilities.
- Experience in planning, organizing, prioritizing and coordinating work in a changing environment.
- Skilled in using personal computer and various software packages, specifically JDE.
- Ability to establish priorities and work independently.
- Ability to investigate inventory discrepancies, variances and problem solve.
- Ability to work a flexible schedule based on work load, resource availability and business priorities.
- Excellent interpersonal and customer service skills and ability to manage multiple priorities.
Position requirements include, but are not limited to:
- Successful completion of Grade 12 with 2 – 4 years of experience coordinating the flow of merchandise and materials in a fast-paced industrial Warehouse / Inventory environment.
- Pretivm Values - Safety First, Teamwork, Integrity, Respect, Care
- Strong attention to detail and proficiency with computers, particularly database management.
- Time management skills and decision-making skills.
- Knowledge of workplace safety requirements and SOP’s.
- Analytical and problem-solving skills
- Cross cultural awareness with an understanding and sensitivity of the challenges associated with differences in cultural and economic backgrounds
- Work at remote location (camp) on a 13 days on/13 day off rotation
- Able to pass a pre-employment medical screening
- Must be able to lift/move up to 50lbs throughout a work shift
- Be able maintain high levels of performance over 12-hour shifts
- Able to work in areas of extreme weather conditions
- Able to work in close quarters with the team
- Pretivm promotes a drug and alcohol-free work environment through the use of mandatory pre-employment drug and alcohol testing
What we can offer you:
We are committed to ensuring that all of our team members are kept healthy and safe. To achieve this, we provide comfortable camp accommodations, as well as balanced meals prepared by our culinary team.
Team members can expect access to TV and wifi, our on-site gym and a variety of recreational activities.
All of our team members are also rewarded with a host of great benefits, including:
- Competitive salary commensurate with experience, skills, and qualifications.
- Extended medical benefits and wellness coverage.
It is important to note that the wellbeing of our team is our top priority. As such, we promote a drug and alcohol-free work environment through the use of mandatory pre-employment drug and alcohol testing.
IF YOU'RE LOOKING FOR AN EXCITING NEW CHALLENGE JOIN PRETIVM AND THE BRUCEJACK MINE TODAY!