Group Technical Services Manager
With the improving outlook for the mining sector, SFTP Mining CI SA (SFTP) has an exciting opportunity for an exceptional Group Technical Services Manager to join our contract mining team. Reporting to the COO of SFTP Mining, the GTSM is responsible for providing technical support for our current operations, managing customer proposal requests and coordinating company bids. They create solutions and develop strategies while complying with customer requirements in order to achieve the ultimate goal of meeting current production targets and securing winning future bids. They create solutions and develop strategies while complying with customer requirements in order to achieve the ultimate goal of securing winning bids.
The GTSM will work closely with senior executives such as the MD, the COO and CFO. They will produce tenders for bids and they will help guide the senior executives in making sound business decisions in the long and short term.
The role of the GTSM is to ensure the bids/proposals are carried out to the best possible outcomes based on the company’s short and long term strategies, which are reviewed on an annual basis.
The GTSM’s Key Responsibilities include but are not limited to:
- Leadership and development of the Technical Services team
- Looking after Operation Project budgets and ensuring compliance to tender.
- Ensure operational mine plans are being followed.
- Ensure compliance to all client policies.
- Mentor and train mining engineers and supporting professionals.
- Prepare Proposals – The GTSM oversees all aspects of proposal preparation, ensuring quality, compelling bids are submitted in a timely manner. They review all customer requirements to ensure that they are met in the proposal and collaborate with a wide variety of involved parties to include all necessary information within the proposal.
- Benchmarking of KPI's for efficiency and effectiveness
- Manage Databases - Tasked with coordinating incoming bid requests and proposal responses, the GTSM must organize and track all requests and responses using company databases. It is their responsibility to maintain and update these databases regularly. They must also set up customer profiles in appropriate databases and maintain customer information.
- Provide Customer Service - In order to successfully win bids, the GTSM must provide potential and current clients with excellent customer service. They work to improve customer satisfaction and ensure that important clients are retained, quickly developing and implementing solutions when the potential to lose a customer presents itself. Regularly communicating with customers is crucial, as is notifying them of any project updates or changes.
- Oversee Bid Pricing – The GTSM negotiates with potential and current clients on behalf of their company in order to secure deals and implement pricing agreements between SFTP and client. They assist with bid pricing and submit pricing suggestions for review and approval by senior executives.
10 years mine management, mine planning. Experience with load and haul contract operations is essential. Degree in Mine Engineering. Strong leadership and communication skills. Strong safety culture.The GTSM to achieve company objectives needs a systematic and methodical work approach, good risk management and internal control processes, good organization, job quality and use of associated business systems and processes.
Salary Market Related
Rotation 7&3 or Residential could be an option
Language Bi-Lingual French & English Preferred but not essential