This position ensures the production facility is supplied with ore as needed in a timely, efficient, safe and lawful manner.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Safety is a priority; observe road conditions and communicate any safety issues to the Transportation Supervisor in a timely manner.
- Communicate any issues to the Transportation Supervisor (ore, equipment, weather, etc.) that will affect ore delivery to the production facility.
- Manage plant waste and ensure that waste is taken from the plant before any issues develop.
- Operate double belly dump trailers that deliver ore from the mine sites to the production facility.
- Load trucks with front-end loaders and tarping of the product.
- Understand daily requirements and priorities.
- Maintain radio and cell phone communication with the mill control room for delivery instructions.
- Transport equipment between facilities.
- Operate loaders and other heavy equipment as needed.
- Inspect, maintain and ensure safe operation of all equipment.
- Know and follow all state and federal regulations as well as company policies and procedures
Education / Certifications:
- Current Class A Driver’s License with Doubles and Tankers endorsement.
- Current DOT Physical and Medical card.
- Qualifying DMV Driving History.
- High School Diploma or general education (GED) or equivalent experience.
- Excellent driving and safety record
- Communicate clearly and effectively (written and verbal).
- Work in a fast paced environment
- Strong attention to detail
- Good decision making capability
- Good attendance history
- Work a flexible work schedule