Underground Mining Manager
A reputable mining operator situated in a beautiful part of the world is currently looking to strengthen their mining team by hiring a proven Underground Mining Manager. The role will report into the Head of Operations at this large scale site, and oversee a team looking for a solid operator and a qualified mentor that cares about the increasing competencies within his or her team.
This Underground Mining Manager role will require someone to relocate to a large town in Western Europe which is only a short distance from the asset. The ideal individual will be responsible for;
- Planning, organising and supervising the activities of the mine.
- Lead planning future mine production, overseeing the development of the operation
- Overseeing the quality of and inspecting the operation with regards to best in practice safety standards.
- Carry out management duties, such as recruiting staff, organising staff training, overseeing financial administration, and liaising and negotiating with suppliers, contractors and other stakeholders.
- Preparation of the annual budget and management thereof
- Implementation of continuous improvement and cost control.
- Expansion of mining infrastructure and activities.
- Ensure occupational health and safety guidelines are followed, which includes planning and overseeing maintenance of the mine and developing emergency response plans.
- Daily operational planning and execution of the mining operation. With this you will need effective and efficient allocation of mining resources as measured by schedule compliance
- Liaise with related services to support production planning
- Show a sustainable legacy of working alongside and as a manager of World-Class people.
- Manage UG Engineers. These engineers will do the day-to-day duties whilst this individual will oversee the production from more of a ‘managerial’ standpoint.
- Optimisation of the operation
- Overseeing strategy of the production in short, medium and long term. Not just planning for this year but years in advance.
- Instilling best practice.
- Minimum of 15 years’ experience in a similar diversified high level operational asset, with 5 years being at a senior management level
- A Underground Mining Manager with experience working alongside a Contractor e.g. Redpath, MacMahon on hardrock project
- Experience in an operating mine environment, preferably as manager.
- Strong experience in setting standards and procedures for underground mining operations
- Experience in underground mining essential preferably in multiple mining methodologies like stoping, caving etc.
- Knowledge of major mining product suppliers and service providers.
- Experience as an Owner Miner with a track record of supervisory roles on a Contract Miner run operation
If you love being a hands on manager that likes to work with highly technical teams in highly prospective organisations without the 'red-tape', please click apply now where Jon Taylor & Joel Coogan will handle your application in confidence.