Expat Underground Manager
An innovative and ambitious operator is currently looking to further strengthen their leadership by adding a Expat Underground Manager to their team. As the most senior individual of the mining team in this operation you will be responsible for leading all aspects of the mining team as well as training and mentoring of the up-an-coming, but hungry-to-learn nationals.
As the Expat Underground Manager you will be responsible;
- Life of mine planning for the mining department.
- Control and allocation of Capital Expenditure for continued UG operational management.
- Daily operational planning and execution of the mining operation.
- Monitoring and control of critical stoppages and incidents resulting in reduced production
- Effectively promote, deploy, and comply with all Safety & Health and Environmental policies, standards & procedures
- Efficient allocation of mining resources as measured by schedule compliance.
- Proactively develop quality systems, approaches and practices as needed
- Continuous improvement of mining operations.
- Ensure that all daily, weekly and monthly department reports are completed accurately, on time and with appropriate content.
- Identify the training needs within the team and develop a training plan
- Create a working environment that ensures that team members gain new skills and achieve their full potential.
- Ensure deployment of key initiatives and communication of relevant messages to team members and all other relevant parties.
- Ensure that all safety incidents are reported and investigated according to procedure and on time.
- Assist with any other accident investigation when required.
- Degree in Mining Engineering or equivalent
- 15 years' experience with a heavy lean towards working in underground mining operations
- Essential to have a plethora of mining methods including large scale underground operations the are changing to more complex mining methods.
- Versatility across underground planning and production
- Previous management experience
- Strong experience in setting standards and procedures for underground mining operations
- Assemble and develop a production mining team to self-perform all production activities
- Develop and execute the underground mining budget with the implementation of continuous improvement strategies to enhance the growth of the operation.
- Experience as an Expat
- Work and establish industry leading technology including automated drills, loaders, trucks and active chute
If you love being a hands on manager that likes to work with highly technical teams in highly prospective organisations without the 'red-tape', please click apply now where Jon Taylor & Joel Coogan will handle your application in confidence.