WEST AFRICAN RESOURCES - SANBRADO GOLD OPERATION
EXPATRIATE SITE BASED ROLE – FIFO ROSTER (6:3)
West African Resources Limited is an ASX listed gold company (trading symbol: WAF). The Company commenced production of the Sanbrado Gold Mine in Burkina Faso, West Africa.
The Sanbrado Project is a 2.4 Mtpa Gold project in West Africa encompasses both underground and open pit mines. The Project has an initial 10-year mine life, including 6.5 years of underground mining, with Probable Reserves of 1.7 million ounces (21.6Mt at 2.4g/t gold).
The Project economics are robust, with an average annual production over the first 5 years of mine life of 217,000 ounces gold and a 14-month post-tax pay back on US$186 million pre-production capital costs.
The Company has recently acquired the 1.1Moz Toega Gold Project, which is in trucking distance of the Sanbrado operation with the aim of increasing gold production and mine life.
West African Resources is seeking to employ an experienced Underground Manager to lead and manage the underground mining operations. The Underground Manager is well supported by an experienced technical services team.
Our ideal candidate for this role will be a production focussed mining professional, who has;
- A demonstrated employment history in leading an underground operational in which production and cost targets are achieved;
- Managed the operational and safety performance of an underground mining contractor;
- Effectively managed the mining contractors performance;
- Effectively managed major contracts to ensure that contractual obligations are achieved;
- A sound working knowledge of an underground mining fleet capabilities;
- Experience leading a team who are committed to performing to a high technical standard;
- A genuine commitment to promoting a safe working culture and practices;
- An innovative approach technology.
Candidates who have pastefill experience will be highly regarded.
Applications are sought from applications form experienced mining professionals how have the following qualifications, skills and experience;
- Tertiary qualifications in Mining Engineering;
- Previous experience as an Underground Manager;
- A significant employment history in underground mining or technical leadership roles
- The ability to work at and deliver high professional and technical standards;
- A First Class Mine Manager’s Certificate of Competency (or equivalent)
- A highly competent user of mining software (Deswik, Surpac would be highly regarded);
- Mining contractor management;
- Leadership of safe working practices;
- A proven employment history in achieving production and cost budgets;
- A demonstrated history in mentoring the development of professional skills and capabilities;
- A practical and methodical approach to problem solving;
- Excellent report writing and communication skill.
ROSTER AND CONDITIONS
The successful applicant will be offered an excellent remuneration package, commensurate with skills and experience, travel to and from the site, a 6 week on / 3 week off expatriate roster cycle.
Expatriate travel is well managed and special consideration is being given to travel through COVID and quarantine restrictions.
Site facilities: Accommodation is provided in a new camp / village with excellent food, amenities and recreational facilities.
HOW TO APPLY
To be considered for this role, please submit your CV and an introductory covering letter by following the “APPLY NOW” prompts.
Shortlisting for this role will commence immediately.
Further information is available about the Sanbrado Gold Operation on the Company website;
Recruitment Consultancies are respectfully requested not to submit applications for this role. Candidates will be considered via direct application only.
Apply for Underground Manager
Already uploaded your resume? Sign in to apply instantly