Senior Mining Engineer - Underground
SANBRADO GOLD OPERATION
EXPATRIATE SITE BASED ROLE – FIFO ROSTER (6:3)
West African Resources Limited is an ASX listed gold company (trading symbol: WAF). The Company commenced production of the Sanbrado Gold Mine in Burkina Faso, West Africa.
The Sanbrado Project is a 2.4 Mtpa Gold project in West Africa encompasses both underground and open pit mines. The Project has an initial 10-year mine life, including 6.5 years of underground mining, with Probable Reserves of 1.7 million ounces (21.6Mt at 2.4g/t gold).
The Project economics are robust, with an average annual production over the first 5 years of mine life of 217,000 ounces gold and a 14-month post-tax pay back on US$186 million pre-production capital costs.
The Company has recently acquired the 1.1Moz Toega Gold Project, which is in trucking distance of the Sanbrado operation with the aim of increasing gold production and mine life.
West African Resources is seeking to employ an experienced Mining Engineer to join the Sanbrado underground mining team.
Our ideal candidate for this role will be a tertiary qualified and experienced underground mining engineer who has gained operational experience across the range of mining engineer functions including;
- Short and medium term mine planning and scheduling;
- Designing and planning drill and blast activities;
- Monitoring production activities and targets; and
- Mining contractor management.
Candidates who have gained underground operational or technical experience working in specialist mining / engineering consultancies are encouraged to apply.
Candidates who have pastefill experience will be highly regarded.
Applications are sought from applications form experienced mining professionals how have the following qualifications, skills and experience;
- Tertiary qualifications in Mining Engineering, which is supported by an employment history in underground operations or technical roles;
- The ability to work at and deliver high professional and technical standards;
- A competent user of mining software (Deswik, Surpac would be highly regarded);
- Additional qualifications, including a First Class Mine Manager’s Certificate of Competency would be highly regarded;
- A genuine commitment to working safely; and
- A good communicator – written and verbal.
ROSTER AND CONDITIONS
The successful applicant will be offered an excellent remuneration package, commensurate with skills and experience, travel to and from the site, a 6 week on / 3 week off expatriate roster cycle.
Expatriate travel is well managed and special consideration is being given to travel through COVID and quarantine restrictions.
Site facilities: Accommodation is provided in a new camp / village with excellent food, amenities and recreational facilities.
HOW TO APPLY
To be considered for this role, please submit your CV and an introductory covering letter by following the “APPLY NOW” prompts.
Shortlisting for this role will commence immediately.
Further information is available about the Sanbrado Operation on the Company website;
Recruitment Consultancies are respectfully requested not to submit applications for this role. Candidates will be considered via direct application only.
Apply for Senior Mining Engineer - Underground
Already uploaded your resume? Sign in to apply instantly