Geoscientist, Role based in Sudbury, On. Work with leaders in your field!
XPS Expert Process Solutions is a licensed metallurgical engineering, technology and test services business offering industry leading expertise in orebody characterisation, flowsheet development, operational support, growth initiatives and asset integrity management for most commodities including gold, nickel, copper, zinc, PGEs, rare earth and industrial minerals. We comprise five distinct integrated business groups representing the following key disciplines: Process Mineralogy, Extractive Metallurgy, Process Control, Materials Technology and Plant Support.
Company Name: XPS, a Glencore Company
Business Address: 6 Edison Road, Falconbridge, ON Canada P0M 1S0
Location of Work: 6 Edison Road, Falconbridge, ON Canada P0M 1S0
Position Title: Geoscientist
Terms of Employment: Full-time, permanent
Hours of Work: 40 hours / week
Benefits: Health benefits, pension, relocation allowance (if necessary)
Positions available: 1
Language: Excellent English communication skills
Main Job Duties / Responsibilities:
Reporting to the Principal Geoscientist, you will work in an analytical Mineral Science laboratory equipped with an electron probe microanalyzer, x-ray diffractometer and scanning electron microscopes. Project work will focus on orebody characterization and mineralogical audits of concentrators or analysis of laboratory testwork samples. You will interact with internal and external clients in engineering and geological disciplines. Some travel may be required for project work. The main focus of the job is processing, interpretation and reporting of QEMSCAN data using iDiscover software.
Required Education / Experience / Skills:
- University degree in Science/Geology or closely related discipline
- Minimum of 5 years’ experience with ore mineralogy, microscopy, and geophysics
- Advanced knowledge of and prior experience using iDiscover software
- Strong analytical and problem solving skills and experience
- Excellent communication (oral and written) skills
The following Competencies / Skills / Personal attributes would be considered an asset:
- Experience in the areas of mineral processing, mineralogy, and/or extractive metallurgy
- Experience with a wide range of geological environments/commodities.
- Strong project management and reporting skills
- A business sense and entrepreneurial spirit
- Strong leadership skills
- Personable, team player
How to Apply / Contact Information:
- Glencore Careers Website – Glencore.com/careers
We thank all applicants for their interest in applying for this position, however only candidates selected for interviews will be contacted.
Accommodation is available throughout our recruitment process for applicants with disabilities.