Job No: PVG202010347
Location: Northwestern, BC
Welcome to the Brucejack Mine!
We are Pretivm – a Canadian mining company, headquartered in Vancouver, BC and the proud owner of the Brucejack Gold Mine. Brucejack Mine is a 3,800 tonnes-per-day high-grade gold underground mine located in northwestern British Columbia, approximately 65 kilometers north of Stewart.
As an employer, we are committed to ensuring a safe, comfortable and diverse working environment. We are working closely with our neighbours – the local communities and First Nations - to provide employment.
About the Opportunity:
We currently have exciting opportunity for Mine Captain to join the Brucejack Mine in Northwestern, British Columbia.
This position is located at Pretium Exploration Inc.'s “Pretivm” Brucejack Mine. The position’s primary report is to the Mine Superintendent /designate.
Job Purpose and Accountability
Ensure the safe and environmentally responsible day to day operations of Pretivm’s UG operations and projects at the Brucejack Mine Site.
The position also ensures compliance with all Pretivm Health & Safety and other relevant policies and regulations.
Perform the following duties with safety being the number one priority:
- Ensure operations’ production objectives are met at the lowest possible cost by directing work carried out by the mining contractor or Pretium employees underground.
- Responsible for ensuring short term plans are carried out
- Responsible for day to day scheduling and control of the mining contractor and a number of supervisory responsibilities such as safety, training, manpower scheduling and performance reporting
- Attend planning meetings to represent Mine Operations and provide operational input; and ensure vital technical information is relayed from the technical department to the Mine Operations team
- Scope of responsibilities increases over a period of time and extends beyond contract mining and incudes several additional functional areas such as mine maintenance and/or mine engineering as Pretium builds its own UG workforce
- Ensure that all UG work is being done according to the priorities provided by the Pretivm mining and engineering groups
- Ensure that the UG contractor is performing their duties in compliance with the Pretivm contract as well as all relevant BC Ministry of Mine Regulations
- Provide feedback on manpower requirements, equipment selection, etc. for the UG project.
- Work closely with Pretivm Tech Services Department to ensure that the plan is understood and passed onto the UG contractors in addition to providing operational guidance to the plan before it gets issued.
- Monitor and supervise mining activities that affect permit compliance such as explosives handling practices and sump mucking.
- Coordinate mining activities with the mill, mine water treatment plant operators, and backfill plant operators.
- Ensure the safe and efficient day to day operations of the project up to and including:
- Application/compliance of all site policies and procedures
- Ensuring compliance of all applicable government regulations
- Tracking progress against weekly/monthly targets
- Foster a Team Environment
- Setting weekly and monthly goals for respective teams
- Issuing of Daily/Monthly Reports
- Purchase Order and Invoice approval
- Promote a safe workplace and foster Pretivm’s values
- Generation of Standard Operating Procedures (SOP’s)
- Review invoices
- Manpower/Equipment planning
- Perform routine underground inspections of work areas to verify work quality and plan future work
- Perform other related duties as required
Through Guidance and consultation with the Mine Superintendents this position ensures all Underground/Site Activities adhere to all Health, Safety and Environmental regulations as well as all company standards/policies and procedures
Degree in Mining Engineering complimented with seven to ten (7–10) years of mining engineering experience at an underground operating mine with substantial experience managing/supervising UG mining teams
Position requirements include, but are not limited to:
- Unwavering commitment to safety
- Minimum 10 years’ experience in the underground mining industry
- Minimum 5 years’ experience supervising underground employees
- Demonstrated management abilities in both technical and operational settings
- Experience with high grade gold/precious metal deposits
- Experience with underground mining equipment’s is an asset
- Experience working in Northern British Columbia in a remote camp setting
- Experience in interacting with government regulators
- Ability to build an operations team and foster a team mentality
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Experience with budget generation and budgetary tracking tools
- Experience with Microsoft Office applications (Excel, PowerPoint, word)
- Professional Engineering designation (within British Columbia) considered an asset
- Work at remote location on a 2 week on / 2 week off rotation
- Camp life
- Able to pass a pre-employment medical screening
- Extreme weather conditions
- Able to work in close quarters with the team
- Pretivm promotes a drug and alcohol free work environment through the use of mandatory pre-employment drug testing and with cause drug testing.
What we can offer you:
We are committed to ensuring that all of our team members are kept healthy and safe. To achieve this, we provide comfortable camp accommodations, as well as balanced meals prepared by our culinary team.
Team members can expect access to TV and wifi, our on-site gym and a variety of recreational activities.
All of our team members are also rewarded with a host of great benefits, including:
Competitive salary commensurate with experience, skills, and qualifications.
Extended medical benefits and wellness coverage.
It is important to note that the wellbeing of our team is our top priority. As such, we promote a drug and alcohol-free work environment through the use of mandatory pre-employment drug and alcohol testing.
IF YOU'RE LOOKING FOR AN EXCITING NEW CHALLENGE JOIN PRETIVM AND THE BRUCEJACK MINE TODAY!