Senior Boilermaker Supervisor
Job Location: Eritrea, East Africa
Job Closing Date: 06 March, 2021
Salary: Market Related
Contract Period: Definite (2 Years)
Introduction to Bisha Mining Share Company
BMSC is an Eritrean company formed for the development and operation of the Bisha Mine in western Eritrea, Africa. The Bisha Mine is a high-grade copper, gold, silver and zinc mine that commenced production in February 2011. The Bisha Mine has received continuous support from the Eritrean government, who granted the Company's mining license in January 2008. The project is the first modern mine in Eritrea.
After two years of low cost gold production, the Bisha Mine transitioned to low-cost, high-grade copper production in 2013. Starting in 2016, Bisha also produces zinc concentrate. Further resource potential exists at depth and from nearby discoveries within the Company's licensed areas.
The site is a well-established site with excellent catering and recreational facilities. The site also offers Wi-Fi internet coverage throughout the village as well international TV and a full gymnasium. Security ranks with best in the world and employees mountain bike freely. Expatriates work a roster of 6 weeks on and 3 weeks off; we offer on-site medical services as well as company medical, accident death and disability and life insurance (employee only); Employees are provided with private rooms with en-suite toilet and shower facilities; Working hours at Bisha are Monday to Saturday from 6am to 6pm with a one hour lunch break and Sundays from 6am to 12pm with the afternoon off.
The successful candidate will earn a salary which is market related. Contract is for a period of 02 (two) Years.
Kindly Note - Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted. Please consider your application unsuccessful if you do not receive a response within 2 weeks after the application closing date.
- Supervise a Boiler making team, inspecting maintaining and repairing equipment in an effective and efficient manner in the safest possible way within the Process Plant Engineering section and other areas where required.
- Mentor and upskill existing national supervisory and tradesman level workforce.
TASK DESCRIPTION EXPANDED TO CORE PERFORMANCE AREAS
- Responsible for forecasting and planning of construction for all allocated projects.
- Makes use of “Planned Maintenance Schedule”. (Planned Task Document Observation).
- Tracks the use of maintenance and repair parts and orders accordingly.
- Must be able to interpret structural and civil drawings to execute Project plan
Implementation of the Plan
- Identify the highest priority for each week and focus on completing relevant tasks.
- Ensures good housekeeping.
- Ensures maintenance and repairs of Maintenance Equipment are carried out in an efficient and effective way in order to minimise downtime, possibly effecting project or construction.
- Performs regular inspections in order to detect potential problems before they cause breakdowns.
- Controls downtime by ensuring the best techniques are being used to repair breakdowns.
- Ensure safety requirements are fulfilled at the work place, including leading Field Level Risk Assessment (FLRA) and proper use of the appropriate PPE. Report any safety issues/incidents.
- Comply with mine’s cardinal rules and other safety, environmental or other rules and standards as directed. Identifies any hazards in the work place.
- Maintains equipment; parts and supply stocks by carrying out regular stock takes and ordering replacements as required.
Writing Reports and Data Control
- Compile daily; progress reports for the department. (Action Tracker)
- Must be able to use MS projects where project plans are required to achieve goals (deadlines).
- Provide technical support/motivation for the team, by supervising various activities for workshop and field teams
- Provide training for the team (especially safety standards and procedures); schedules technical training.
- Conducts daily “Tool Box” meetings with the team.
- Manages time and attendance.
- Be able to apply shills hands on to transfer knowledge to team members.
- Candidate must be physically medically fit
- Must be able to work outside exposed to Heat ,wind and dusty environments
- Must be able to work at Heights
- Must have a Light vehicle license
- Must have knowledge on Rubberizing of Tanks and piping
- Supervisory certificate
- International recognized trade certificate Boilermaker, Plate work for Vessels and tanks, piping, profiles and development.
Knowledge and Experience:
- 10+ year’s relevant experience as hands on Boilermaker Supervisor in Mineral process environment.
- MIG, TIG ,Stick ,gas cutting brazing and heat treatment of different materials
- 5+ years Budgeting and planning for Boilermaker team materials and shutdown planning
- Computer Literacy (MS Office – Intermediate, excel )
- Planning / scheduling
- Attention to detail
- Analytical skill
- Mechanical & Maintenance experience
- Problem solving skill
- Supervisory experience
- Safety reporting and actions
- High level of English literary
- Communication (English)
- Interpersonal Relations
- Prioritizing skills & multi-skilling
- Ability to work towards strict deadlines
- High level of accuracy
- Good cultural awareness
Apply for Senior Boilermaker Supervisor
Already uploaded your resume? Sign in to apply instantly