Myra Falls mine, situated in Strathcona Provincial Park, 90kms southwest of Campbell River on Vancouver Island, British Columbia, has been operational since 1965 and employs 450 employees and contractors. The mine has a lifespan of over ten years. It is ramping up production to over 800,000 metric tonnes of zinc, lead and copper ore per annum, key commodities in the transition to a lower-carbon economy.
The Myra Falls mining operation was previously owned by leading global zinc and lead producer Nyrstar. Following the company’s financial restructuring in 2019, Trafigura became a majority shareholder, and the mine is now part of the Trafigura Mining Group portfolio. Trafigura Mining Group’s assets extend across Europe, Africa, North America and Latin America, ranging from wholly-owned facilities to joint ventures and minority investments.
Trafigura is a leading provider of the key commodities that power and develop our world, with international operations comprising 8,619 employees in 88 offices across 48 countries. For almost three decades, Trafigura has been connecting its customers to the global economy, growing prosperity by advancing trade. Trafigura sources, stores, blends and delivers a range of raw materials, including oil and refined products and metals and minerals to customers around the world and has recently established a Power and Renewables Trading division.
The trading business is supported by industrial investments and assets, including majority ownership of global zinc and lead producer Nyrstar; a significant shareholding in global oil products storage and distribution company Puma Energy; global terminals, warehousing and logistics operator Impala Terminals; Trafigura Mining Group; and Galena Asset Management.
Trafigura has achieved substantial growth over recent years, increasing revenue from USD12 billion in 2003 to USD147 billion in 2020.
We are looking to hire Electrician, reporting to the Maintenance Supervisor. The Electrician will be responsible for providing support to the maintenance department.
- Constructing, maintaining, altering, repairing and testing all electric or electronic systems and components both for existing and new infrastructure;
- Compliance with QA/QC protocols;
- Work in a safe and confident manner and comply with all the Site Safety Procedures;
- Other duties as assigned.
- Minimum of Grade 12 diploma;
- Must be either a Red Seal ticketed (IP) or TQ in BC Journeyman Electrician;
- Strong knowledge and experience with DCS and PLC’s;
- Ability to read and understand electrical schematics and prints;
- Previous mining experience is a definite asset;
- Must be able to properly lift 50 lbs;
- Maintain technician logs, reports and documentation;
- Strong troubleshooting skills;
- Excellent organizational, time management and communication skills;
- Must be able to work with minimal supervision;
- Ability to work shift work;
- Attention to detail;
- Ability to work effectively under pressure;
- Motivated, flexible, reliable and friendly;
- Ability to use initiative and pre-empt maintenance needs;
- Must be able to work effectively individually and as a team member.
We offer a comprehensive compensation package.
If you are interested in joining our team, please e-mail your resume and cover letter citing “Electrician” in the subject line.
Only candidates selected for an interview will be contacted. If accommodations are required, please notify us upon scheduling an interview. Trafigura is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Thank you for your interest in Trafigura Myra Falls Operations.
Apply for Electrician
Already uploaded your resume? Sign in to apply instantly