Payroll/Human Resources Administrator
Myra Falls mine, situated in Strathcona Provincial Park, 90kms southwest of Campbell River on Vancouver Island, British Columbia, has been operational since 1965 and employs 450 employees and contractors. The mine has a lifespan of over ten years. It is ramping up production to over 800,000 metric tonnes of zinc, lead and copper ore per annum, key commodities in the transition to a lower-carbon economy.
The Myra Falls mining operation was previously owned by leading global zinc and lead producer Nyrstar. Following the company’s financial restructuring in 2019, Trafigura became a majority shareholder, and the mine is now part of the Trafigura Mining Group portfolio. Trafigura Mining Group’s assets extend across Europe, Africa, North America and Latin America, ranging from wholly-owned facilities to joint ventures and minority investments.
Trafigura is a leading provider of the key commodities that power and develop our world, with international operations comprising 8,619 employees in 88 offices across 48 countries. For almost three decades, Trafigura has been connecting its customers to the global economy, growing prosperity by advancing trade. Trafigura sources, stores, blends and delivers a range of raw materials, including oil and refined products and metals and minerals to customers around the world and has recently established a Power and Renewables Trading division.
The trading business is supported by industrial investments and assets, including majority ownership of global zinc and lead producer Nyrstar; a significant shareholding in global oil products storage and distribution company Puma Energy; global terminals, warehousing and logistics operator Impala Terminals; Trafigura Mining Group; and Galena Asset Management.
Trafigura has achieved substantial growth over recent years, increasing revenue from USD12 billion in 2003 to USD147 billion in 2020.
We are looking for a proactive, detail-oriented Payroll/Human Resources Administrator reporting to the Manager, Human Resources. The Payroll/Human Resources Administrator will provide the full administrative support of the payroll and HR processes and can juggle various administrative tasks in a timely- manner. Our ideal candidate would be a team player having experience working in a unionized environment with solid experience in SAP.
- Assist with the processing of both hourly union and salaried employees payroll ensuring completeness and accuracy;
- Process payroll-related transactions (tax and other bank files, garnishments, etc.);
- Review and audit employee time data submitted for processing;
- Assist in the administration of employee programs such as group benefits;
- Prepare various weekly, monthly, and annual reports;
- Key-user for SAP HR/Payroll;
- Draft general forms, letters, reports, and memos as required;
- Managing time off spreadsheets and tracking absence data as required;
- Assist with full-cycle recruitment including posting vacancies, screening resumes, conducting telephone screens, coordinating Zoom interviews, conducting reference checks, and communicating outcomes with candidates;
- Assist with the onboarding process including sending out new hire packages, collecting completed paperwork, and setting up new hires in the HR/Payroll system;
- Miscellaneous administrative support to the HR department as needed;
- Other duties as assigned.
Special Skills and/or Knowledge Required:
- Knowledge of payroll and human resource management principles and practices
- Experience working with SAP and in the mining industry would be considered an asset.
- PCP/CEBS/ certification and /or degree/diploma in accounting, human resources or related field.
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
- Ability to meet deadlines while maintaining accuracy, quality, and attention to detail
- Intermediate to advanced skills working with Microsoft Office and proficiency with numbers;
- Ability to gain a strong command of new software systems
- A team player who has the drive to continue learning, excel, and grow in a team-oriented and dynamic environment
- Exhibit a high level of professionalism and excellent interpersonal skills
- Demonstrates an extremely strong work ethic and displays initiative to strive to deliver value above and beyond
We offer a comprehensive compensation package. If you are interested in joining our team, please e-mail your resume and cover letter to MyraFalls.Careers@nyrstar.com citing “Payroll/Human Resources Administrator” in the subject line.
Trafigura is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Only candidates selected for an interview will be contacted. If accommodations are required, please notify us upon scheduling an interview. Thank you for your interest in Trafigura Myra Falls Operations.
Apply for Payroll/HR Administrator
Already uploaded your resume? Sign in to apply instantly