Paste Fill Engineer
Myra Falls, zinc, copper, and lead mine, is a part of Trafigura Mining Group. Founded in 1993, Trafigura is one of the largest physical commodities trading groups in the world, with 80 offices in 41 countries around the world. Trafigura has achieved substantial growth over recent years, growing revenue from USD12 billion in 2003 to USD 171.5 billion in 2019. Trafigura Mining Group manages mining operations, develops projects, conducts technical audits of existing and potential projects. It also provides advisory and support services to the rest of the company. Its main operations are in the Caribbean, Europe, North and South America.
Myra Falls, a Canadian mining operation under Trafigura Americas Mine Group, is located in the beautiful Strathcona Provincial Park in Campbell River on Vancouver Island, British Columbia. Surrounded by mountains and lakes, a location like this is rare within the mining industry. Myra Falls has been in operation since 1965 and has over 450 employees and contractors.
We are looking for a Paste Fill Engineer to join our Engineering team. Your primary responsibility is to provide leadership to the paste fill operations and technical activities at Myra Falls Mine to ensure quantity and quality backfill is achieved in a timely and cost effective manner. Support mine production in compliance with company policies, procedures, goals and objectives and evaluation and execution of mine infrastructure projects to support production.
- Ability to work as part of a large team but also able to work independently
- Liaise with Planners, Paste Plant Operators, and underground operations to ensure the delivery of paste fill to the underground workings.
- Scoping, costing and evaluating infrastructure projects to support production
- Prepare paste fill packages for upcoming pour
- Prepare and coordinate weekly schedules for material and backfill
- Update hydraulic model; use it to evaluate new pours locations as well as long term areas to support the business plan
- Support underground and surface operations by visiting the work places necessary to have a better understanding of priorities, and current/future designs
- Monitor and further develop paste system construction and filling operations in order to ensure quality is met and standard processes achieve scheduled targets in a timely and cost effective manner, and in compliance with company's policies and procedures
- Review and recommend best practice materials and equipment usage in the paste plant and pipe delivery system in order to promote continuous improvement as well as correction of upsets in paste filling process
- Support supervisors and management to develop Job Safety Analysis, policies, and standard procedures for designated backfill facilities, equipment and methods, and provide guidelines and direction to operation teams in performing their duties
- Review and assess the success of paste pours through reconciliations
- Paste Plant Laboratory QA/QC Database Management
- End of Month Reporting
The above duties and responsibilities are representative of the nature and level of work assigned and are not necessarily all-inclusive.
- Bachelor Degree in either Mining or Civil Engineering or other engineering discipline with five (5) years backfill experience in large scale, underground multi mine level operations. Emphasis in Paste Plant, backfill system work. Other considerations for suitable candidate is one with ten (10) years’ experience working directly with paste backfill operations, showing progressive supervisory responsibilities.
- Good communication skills both written and verbal.
- Effectively use Microsoft Excel, Word, and PowerPoint software.
- Experience with AutoCAD Promine, Gemcom and MineSched would be desirable.
Trafigura is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Only candidates selected for an interview will be contacted.
If accommodations are required, please notify us upon scheduling an interview.
Thank you for your interest in Trafigura Myra Falls Operations.
Apply for Paste Fill Engineer
Already uploaded your resume? Sign in to apply instantly