Fixed Plant Planner
Myra Falls mine, situated in Strathcona Provincial Park, 90kms southwest of Campbell River on Vancouver Island, British Columbia, has been operational since 1965 and employs 450 employees and contractors. The mine has a lifespan of over ten years. It is ramping up production to over 800,000 metric tonnes of zinc, lead and copper ore per annum, key commodities in the transition to a lower-carbon economy.
The Myra Falls mining operation was previously owned by leading global zinc and lead producer Nyrstar. Following the company’s financial restructuring in 2019, Trafigura became a majority shareholder, and the mine is now part of the Trafigura Mining Group portfolio. Trafigura Mining Group’s assets extend across Europe, Africa, North America and Latin America, ranging from wholly-owned facilities to joint ventures and minority investments.
Trafigura is a leading provider of the key commodities that power and develop our world, with international operations comprising 8,619 employees in 88 offices across 48 countries. For almost three decades, Trafigura has been connecting its customers to the global economy, growing prosperity by advancing trade. Trafigura sources, stores, blends and delivers a range of raw materials, including oil and refined products and metals and minerals to customers around the world and has recently established a Power and Renewables Trading division.
The trading business is supported by industrial investments and assets, including majority ownership of global zinc and lead producer Nyrstar; a significant shareholding in global oil products storage and distribution company Puma Energy; global terminals, warehousing and logistics operator Impala Terminals; Trafigura Mining Group; and Galena Asset Management.
Trafigura has achieved substantial growth over recent years, increasing revenue from USD12 billion in 2003 to USD147 billion in 2020.
We are looking for a Fixed Plant Planner to join our Maintenance team. Reporting to the Maintenance Superintendent, this position is responsible for the planning and scheduling maintenance of the stationary assets at Myra Falls and works closely with Stationary Supervisors while maintaining Trafigura’s core values of safety, quality, integrity, sustainability and success.
- The safety of self and others;
- Development of job plans, preventive maintenance strategies, and small project planning;
- Statutory compliance and proper documentation for equipment associated with the maintenance department
- Development and continuous improvement of preventive maintenance program for all site stationary assets.
- Assure compliance to all applicable statutory codes. This involves reviewing and updating current maintenance plans as well as identifying deficiencies and developing new maintenance strategies.
- Scheduling available manpower, ordering and tracking parts, and documenting work tasks. This includes developing and maintaining the maintenance management system in SAP (work order creating and tracking, preventive maintenance strategies, managing the functional location structure, etc.)
- Coordinate maintenance with other maintenance departments and operations. This includes tracking schedule compliance, reviewing completed work and prioritizing work to be completed.
- Knowledge of mill equipment and systems and mine hoisting systems
- Mines Act and applicable health and safety regulations in the Province of BC
- Safety Systems – Conducting JHA’s – Safety Card Completion
- Knowledge of SOP’s related to tasks performed in their section
- Effective verbal and written communication skills
- Standard business software in use at Myra Falls (MS Office Suite; SAP).
- Effective time management and organization skills, including organization and management of electronic information.
- Minimum of five (5) years’ maintenance experience in mining.
- Planning experience in heavy industry is an asset.
- SAP and MS Office application (Excel, Word, Project) experience is also an asset.
- Knowledge of maintenance planning and scheduling practices is required
We offer a comprehensive compensation package.
If you are interested in joining our team, please e-mail your resume citing “Fixed Plant Planner” in the subject line.
Trafigura is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Only candidates selected for an interview will be contacted. If accommodations are required, please notify us upon scheduling an interview. Thank you for your interest in Trafigura Myra Falls Operations.
Apply for Fixed Plant Planner
Already uploaded your resume? Sign in to apply instantly