Myra Falls mine, situated in Strathcona Provincial Park, 90kms southwest of Campbell River on Vancouver Island, British Columbia, has been operational since 1965 and employs 450 employees and contractors. The mine has a lifespan of over ten years. It is ramping up production to over 800,000 metric tonnes of zinc, lead and copper ore per annum, key commodities in the transition to a lower-carbon economy.
The Myra Falls mining operation was previously owned by leading global zinc and lead producer Nyrstar. Following the company’s financial restructuring in 2019, Trafigura became a majority shareholder, and the mine is now part of the Trafigura Mining Group portfolio. Trafigura Mining Group’s assets extend across Europe, Africa, North America and Latin America, ranging from wholly-owned facilities to joint ventures and minority investments.
Trafigura is a leading provider of the key commodities that power and develop our world, with international operations comprising 8,619 employees in 88 offices across 48 countries. For almost three decades, Trafigura has been connecting its customers to the global economy, growing prosperity by advancing trade. Trafigura sources, stores, blends and delivers a range of raw materials, including oil and refined products and metals and minerals to customers around the world and has recently established a Power and Renewables Trading division.
The trading business is supported by industrial investments and assets, including majority ownership of global zinc and lead producer Nyrstar; a significant shareholding in global oil products storage and distribution company Puma Energy; global terminals, warehousing and logistics operator Impala Terminals; Trafigura Mining Group; and Galena Asset Management.
Trafigura has achieved substantial growth over recent years, increasing revenue from USD12 billion in 2003 to USD147 billion in 2020.
We are looking to hire Reliability Superintendent, Reporting to the Maintenance Manager. The Reliability Superintendent will be responsible for monitoring and reporting exceptions and, from analyzing exceptions, help plan and influence changes in systems relating to Maintenance issues & schedules as related to the mechanical aspects of the Underground mine. Promote continuous improvement by driving ongoing change in levels of safety, productivity, cost and quality.
- The safety of self and others;
- Comply with the site’s safety standards and procedure;
- Development of job plans, preventive maintenance strategies, and small project planning;
- Accurate short term and long term scheduling;
- Updated work plans, equipment bill of materials, work orders and preventive maintenance procedures and schedules in SAP;
- Statutory compliance and proper documentation for equipment associated with the maintenance department.
- Actively participate in the Asset Management department team to support and promote agreed decisions of the department
- Provide and ensure effective leadership, performance management, career development and succession planning of section personnel
- Ensure effective discipline, relationships and communication within the team and between other departments and teams.
- Ensure deployment and skill level requirements of section personnel are maintained to enable achievement of the annual plan
- Consistently apply Workplace Management Procedures to ensure compliance with policies, procedures, and visions and values
- Provide Technical support and actively coach maintenance personnel
- Establish and maintain relationships with operations personnel to ensure a focused effort on the elimination of failure and the extension of machine life
- Improve data integrity by continuously reviewing how data is recorded and influencing appropriate personnel to accurately record downtime data for use in reliability analysis
- Develop and maintain reliability focused maintenance documentation for each asset
- Provide a specialist resource to the Maintenance function by analyzing failure history, liaising with Operators and Maintenance personnel and making life cycle comparisons
- Participate in reviews and provide input and recommendations to improve current maintenance strategies in order to deliver reliability improvements
- Ability to use and interpret relevant computer systems and outputs;
- Ability to establish, utilize and interpret spreadsheets and data;
- Sound experience in negotiating complex solutions from conflicting priorities;
- Good time management and prioritization skills;
- Results-driven achiever with exemplary planning and organization skills;
- Proven ability to lead and supervise a team;
- Sound methods and approaches to persuade, convince or influence others;
- Ability to create a climate in which people want to do their best by empowering individuals and teams and by communicating a clear vision and purpose;
- Ability to coach, direct, mentor, and provide feedback to employees in order to achieve set targets;
- Strong background in mobile fleet maintenance
- Experience in SAP preferred
- 4 years experience in a mechanical reliability role preferably
- Proficient in AUTO Ability to establish and maintain influential relationships with internal and external persons
- High demonstrated ability in conceptual and practical planning skills
- Results driven achiever with exemplary planning and organization skills
- Strong communication skills
- Demonstrated competency in strategic planning
- Proficient in project management principles
- Demonstrated project management experience
- Ability to persuade, influence and manage conflict resolution
- High level of initiative, resourcefulness and personal organization.
- Bachelor of Mechanical Engineering Degree
- Minimum 5-7 years management experience;
- Minimum 8 years in the mining or other related heavy industry experience;
- Understanding of all aspects of underground/processing operation of metalliferous mining.
We offer a comprehensive compensation package.
If you are interested in joining our team, please e-mail your resume to Myrafalls.email@example.com citing “Reliability Superintendent” in the subject line.
Trafigura is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Only candidates selected for an interview will be contacted. If accommodations are required, please notify us upon scheduling an interview. Thank you for your interest in Trafigura Myra Falls Operations.
Apply for Reliability Superintendent
Already uploaded your resume? Sign in to apply instantly