Dispatch Data Administrator
Dispatch Data Administrator
Myra Falls mine, situated in Strathcona Provincial Park, 90kms southwest of Campbell River on Vancouver Island, British Columbia, has been operational since 1965 and employs 450 employees and contractors. The mine has a lifespan of over ten years. It is ramping up production to over 800,000 metric tonnes of zinc, lead and copper ore per annum, key commodities in the transition to a lower-carbon economy.
The Myra Falls mining operation was previously owned by leading global zinc and lead producer Nyrstar. Following the company’s financial restructuring in 2019, Trafigura became a majority shareholder, and the mine is now part of the Trafigura Mining Group portfolio. Trafigura Mining Group’s assets extend across Europe, Africa, North America and Latin America, ranging from wholly owned facilities to joint ventures and minority investments.
Trafigura is a leading provider of the key commodities that power and develop our world, with international operations comprising 8,619 employees in 88 offices across 48 countries. For almost three decades, Trafigura has been connecting its customers to the global economy, growing prosperity by advancing trade. Trafigura sources, stores, blends and delivers a range of raw materials, including oil and refined products and metals and minerals to customers around the world and has recently established a Power and Renewables Trading division.
The trading business is supported by industrial investments and assets, including majority ownership of global zinc and lead producer Nyrstar; a significant shareholding in global oil products storage and distribution company Puma Energy; global terminals, warehousing and logistics operator Impala Terminals; Trafigura Mining Group; and Galena Asset Management.
Trafigura has achieved substantial growth over recent years, increasing revenue from USD12 billion in 2003 to USD147 billion in 2020.
We are looking to hire a Dispatch Data Administrator, reporting to the Mine Operations Manager. The Dispatch Data Administrator will to ensure operational data is captured and reported out as required. The successful require strong organizational and communications with a high aptitude for data entry.
- Input daily production statistics into database;
- Manage KPI reports;
- Develop trend graphs for Mine performance;
- Support Mine Supervision with daily shift line ups;
- Support with coordination of daily performance management meetings;
- Process inventory and consumable requisitions;
- Execute general administration tasks as required;
- Responsible for tracking Production and Performance Reporting;
- Responsible for entering time for mine operations employees;
- High school diploma
- Fluent English and a high level of literacy skills
- Computer literacy with Microsoft Office and data entry programs
- Excellent organisational and communication skills
- Personal credibility
- Ability to achieve results in a demanding environment
- Attention to detail
- Ability to work effectively under pressure
- Motivated, flexible, reliable and friendly
- Ability to use initiative and pre-empt needs
- Team player
We offer a comprehensive compensation package. If you are interested in joining our team, please e-mail your resume and cover letter to MyraFalls.Careers@nyrstar.com citing “Dispatch Data Administrator” in the subject line.
Only candidates selected for an interview will be contacted. If accommodations are required, please notify us upon scheduling an interview. Trafigura is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Thank you for your interest in Trafigura Myra Falls Operations.
Apply for Dispatch Data Administrator
Already uploaded your resume? Sign in to apply instantly