Senior Mine Engineer
The Senior Mine Engineer contributes to the management of the mine design related to underground operations, ventilation, surveying, backfill and production programs. In close collaboration with the operations team and geology group, the incumbent evaluates the mining methods, analyzes the current and potential obstacles, and proposes and monitors the economic exploitation practices.
• Supervise and develop junior engineers and technicians within the Technical Services Group
• Develop novel approaches and evaluate plans and criteria for a variety of projects and activities
• Devise new approaches to problems encountered with originality and expert engineering judgment
• Plan and conduct surveys, tests, or investigations, interpret results, and prepare recommendations, summaries, schedules, and cost estimates
• Coordinate with representatives of other departments to plan and schedule priority activities
• Schedule and coordinate the work of project members for timely deliverables within budget
• Perform work that includes a variety of complex features such as conflicting design requirements, unsuitability of standard materials, and difficult coordination requirements
• Plan, schedule, track and coordinate detailed phases of the engineering work for major mining components including development design, stopping sequence, ventilation, backfill and dewatering
• Detailed planning for short term mine designs and mining schedules to include short and medium-term forecasting and budgeting
• Economic analysis of different schedules and operating scenarios
• Maintain current designs in database and ensure they are implemented in the mine
• Ensure department’s compliance with government agencies, financial covenants, shareholders, environmental, health and safety legislation, and company regulation
SKILLS AND EXPERIENCE
• Bachelor’s degree in Mine Engineering or other related disciplines.
• At least 8 years of experience in a technical or operational capacity in an underground mine and 3 years of supervisory experience
• Strong background in mine planning and scheduling, with experience in long and mid-term planning.
• Experience in Drill & Blast and advanced project management and cost control skills
• Excellent knowledge of mine design and supporting software used in the underground mining industry: Deswik, Vulcan, Mine 2-4d, EPS Scheduler, AutoCad, MS Office, etc.