Rock Mechanic Engineering General Supervisor
3 days left
The Senior Rock Mechanics Engineering Supervisor is responsible for overseeing the geotechnical and hydrogeological group. Works collaboratively with the Engineering and Mine Planning group to ensure the safe and effective development of underground infrastructure and production areas. Oversee the group in charge of the design and quality control of ground support, stability assessments, data collection, and monitoring and interpretation. Focuses on supervisory activities to comply with safety and environmental legislation and regulations, company policy and procedures, and good management practices.
- Planning and development of geotechnical characterization and monitoring plans.
- Characterization of the geotechnical and hydrogeological properties of the rock mass.
- Analysis and interpretation of geotechnical instrumentation responses.
- Supervise the geotechnical and hydrogeological groups to ensure data collection and interpretation and provide feedback to other groups.
- Supervise the development of geotechnical and hydrogeological projects related to the underground mine.
- Participate in mine planning and optimization studies.
- Participate in the development of the superintendency's budget.
- Deliver geotechnical considerations to short- and long-term plans.
- Generate mitigation plans for geotechnical events.
- Support investigations and report geotechnical incidents.
- Follow-up on the implementation of ground support designs, QA/QC, and database management.
- Collaborate with the Geology group to maintain structural and geotechnical models to guide mine planning and design.
SKILLS AND EXPERIENCE
- Bachelor's degree in Geological Engineering, Geotechnical Engineering, or other related disciplines.
- At least 10 years of experience in geotechnical engineering associated with underground mining.
- Minimum 5 years of experience in operational geotechnical processes.
- Proficiency in ground support systems.
- Geotechnical monitoring systems in underground mining.
- Geotechnical modeling software skills.
- Competence in stability analysis in underground mining.
- Skills in hydrogeological modeling software will be considered an advantage.
Apply for Rock Mechanic Engineering General Supervisor
Already uploaded your resume? Sign in to apply instantly