US Area Manager
Thyssen Mining is a full service underground mining contractor working predominantly in North America. Thyssen Mining is seeking a highly skilled and self-motivated individual to be an addition to our rapidly growing US Operations team in the role of US Area Manager.
Reporting to the US General Manager, this position will support our US Operations and front line leaders on the projects to uphold Thyssen’ s safety and operational policies and procedures. Critical to this role will be the effective management of commercial and contractual matters arising on the project and the development and implementation of the commercial operating model. Managing these commercial and contractual requirements will involve development of key relationships with the clients and others in the industry. The US Area Manager will collaborate with other departments and Area Managers to effectively dispatch Thyssen Mining resources and services.
- US work status
- Professional degree and/or related experience credentials
- >15 years operational experience in underground mining and heavy construction industry
- First-hand experience managing projects exceeding $25MM valuation
- Demonstrable experience developing, negotiating, and executing commercial contracts
- Capable communicator with sound writing and presentation skills
- Detail oriented and customer focused
- Demonstrable experience with direct accounting, purchasing and contract aspects of a project
- Ability to handle and prioritize multiple projects
- Advanced proficiency with MS Office based software tools including MS Word, MS Excel, and MS Outlook
- Knowledge of best work practices in scheduling utilizing either MS Project or Primavera P6
- Ability to travel up to 50% of the time
Thyssen Mining will provide:
- Competitive remuneration package
- Medical insurance for self and family
- 401K plan
- Life Insurance
Please apply with your cover letter and résumé to firstname.lastname@example.org or fax 306-543-5844. Please indicate “US Area Manager” in the subject line.
We thank all applicants for their interest. However, only those being considered will be contacted for an interview.
Apply for US Area Manager
Already uploaded your resume? Sign in to apply instantly