Regional Exploration Manager - North America
A precious metals company focused on growth throughout North and South America is looking to source a proven Exploration Manager to manage of all exploration activities from regional generative programs to grassroots work. This role will go right through to more advanced brownfields exploration and will be focused on the North American region.
This impactful role will be a Residential one within USA and will be responsible for technical exploration, operational and administrative teams in order to progress the company's exploration success.
The ideal individual will be a proven Exploration Manager with a proven track record of working in the region leading multiple skill levels whilst having good knowledge of what it takes to work for a well-established mid-tier operator.
The outline of the person that would be a best fit would;
- Have overseen multiple brownfield sites with plenty of business development and greenfields work in conjunction with the existing projects the company own
- Manage drilling programs
- Be direct. If you have an idea or set up a program, you will be able to back it up with clear reasoning if 'challenged'. The company are one that thrive on best practice so not buckling if someone questions a decision is a key cultural part of the management structure.
- Hand-on leader. Not someone that is confined to an office
- Someone that can build a team, lead and mentor - take pride in establishing a core team of top-quality nationals
- Someone that has worked for a well-established organisation at mid-tier or larger
- An incumbent that has held a healthy sized budget for drilling programs
- Proven track record in discovery
- Managed large teams
- Some experience with Feasibility Studies would be a bonus
The core qualifications & knowledge needed for this Exploration Manager include:
- A proven track record of discovery and a passion for geology and a desire to find world class orebodies
- Strong geological background, particularly structural geology
- An excellent understanding of geological environments and deposit models
- An ability to think across large datasets
- Degree in geology or similar
- Experience in Project Generation
- Development of grassroots targets through the exploration process
- Proven knowledge exploring on across pre-exisitng open pit and underground mines would be a plus
- Experience in field mapping, RC chip and core logging,
- Have a good understanding of project economics and evaluation
- Registered / ability to be registered as a Professional Geologist or Engineer to meet the requirements of NI 43-101 reporting
For a chance to be a pivotal part in growing and enhancing this fantastic organisation whilst working alongside a quality management team, please click apply now and Jon Taylor will handle your application.
Apply for Regional Exploration Manager - North America
Already uploaded your resume? Sign in to apply instantly