Vice President, Mine Operations
Reporting to the President and CEO, the VP, Mine Operations will be part of the technical management team and will have direct responsibility for all facets of mine planning (short and long range), design work, scheduling, reserves compliance, optimization, operational implementation, production data capture, and other aspects associated with the Bomboré mine plan. The VP, Mine Operations will support the Company’s mining operations through technical assistance, mentoring, and leadership.
Ideally, the VP, Mine operations will be based out of the Company’s corporate office in Vancouver. However, the Company will also consider candidates that wish to reside in a location that allows for easy travel to site, and efficient remote communication with site and corporate.
The VP, Mine Operations will act within the Company’s stated Code of Conduct and in accordance with Bomboré HSE guidelines at all times.
Orezone Gold Corporation is currently constructing its Bomboré Gold Project in Burkina Faso with first gold production scheduled for in Q3-2022. The 2019 feasibility study envisioned Bomboré as a long-life, low-cost open-pit gold mine with average gold production approximating 120,000 ounces per year over a 13+ year mine life. The mine will be developed in two phases with Phase I focussed on the free-digging oxides followed by a staged Phase II Sulphide Expansion to be funded by operating cashflow from the early years of commercial production. The Bomboré deposit is open to significant exploration potential and expansion opportunities.
The Company is a publicly listed company on the TSX Venture Exchange. The directors and management of the Company have a proven track record of discovering, financing, constructing, and operating mines in West Africa and globally.
- Oversee site strategic mine planning, scheduling, design, and budgeting efforts using applicable mining software (e.g. Surpac) to meet corporate objectives.
- Technical work will include ultimate pit designs, pit phase designs, dumping designs and schedules, budget mine plans, haulage analysis, and any other tasks as necessary for the short and long range mine planning.
- Work closely with mine site operations to review the weekly and monthly mine plans, and ensure they are compliant with production schedules and plans. Review and implement the development of the 12-month and 3-month rolling plans to meet overall production targets.
- Development of financial, economic, and cost analyses leading to capital funding requests and mine contractor requirements.
- Actively seek optimization opportunities from baseline inputs from the reserves team and work with all site teams to ensure timely and safe implementation of the mine plan, including capital projects and development. Apply industry best practices and knowledge of industry developments to analyze trends and lead improvements.
- Assist in training and mentoring of National employees.
- Regular interaction with other section heads including Processing, Environmental and CSR, Health and Safety, and Security will be critical to success.
- Other reasonable duties as required
- Bilingual in French and English is highly advantageous.
- University degree in Mine Engineering (or related discipline).
- Minimum of 15 years of related experience with at least 10 years in mine operations at increasing level of responsibilities.
- Preference will be given to candidate who has been head of the Mine Technical Services department at a mature open pit mine in the West African region with specific knowledge and experience with both oxide and sulphide mining practices.
- Self-starter with good organizational skills for managing and interacting with key mine site operational and technical services personnel both remotely and while at the project.
- Advanced knowledge of the principles and best practices of Mine Engineering for an open pit metal mine.
- Deep experience in open-pit mine design, scheduling, optimization, and business improvement with a strong proficiency in mining software packages (Surpac preferred) and MS Office.
- Familiar with NI 43-101 requirements, and preferably a QP under NI 43-101.
- Able to show success in meeting objectives and budgets with an entrepreneurial and creative mindset.
- Detail-oriented with excellent analytical and communication skills, both verbal and written including report writing experience.
- Frequent travel to site (30%) with extended stays (up to 7 weeks) as required.
- Competitive salary commensurate with experience.
- Participation in the Company’s STIP and LTIP programs which includes annual cash bonuses, RSU’s and stock options.
- Enrollment in the Company’s health and dental plans.
To Apply: Submit a CV to the Company by email at email@example.com with the subject line “VP, Mine Operations”.
Apply for Vice President, Mine Operations
Already uploaded your resume? Sign in to apply instantly